1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked a fiat grande punto sports

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pv_krish, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How you know car prices will increase from Jan?

There will be some upgrades/refresh, but current Punto Sports is almost fully loaded.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When ever you go to book your car, the dealer will always tell that "price may increase from next month, Sir, I can't promise the same offers next month". :D
    3 people like this.
  3. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    I completely agree with Ramjn, Dealer will always scare buyers for price increase, that is how they attract customer to make their mind and buy the car. :hit

Punto sports 90 is excellent package:car, If I was in your place :confused, wouldn't have given second thought, and have bought it immediately:dance.

Even if the price increases it would be around 2% which would not make much difference.

All the best!!! :up
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have not yet cancelled the booking, Just waiting and checking if the same offers would still prevail, if so , 3-4k increase should not matter a lot, though it would be good to get the price that was promised earlier.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Welcome to TFI Krish........
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Me again.

I have not yet received the car. The offers are almost the same except a 2k-3k price difference.

The other part is, FIAT has stopped sports version of the car. It comes only as a 90 BHP model. I feel it might be the same as the one release somewhere in 2010 or 2011.

I am still going ahead for this car. It is a car with a great engine (what we call is the national engine of India) and a better power to weight ratio.

I request FIAT to update its web site reflecting the changes. I still see punto sports as an option being displayed.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I think there will be still few Punto Sports available which were manufactured last year and lying at the plant.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    All,

After a wait for almost 2 months, did the PDI of punto 90HP last week. Sports model is not available. The only thing from the sports that comes in this version is the black OVRM. Other wise it is the emotion with 90HP engine.

The good news is that I was able to get the 2013 car with the same offer of free insurance and corporate discount.

The fit and finish of the car seems to have improved comparatively. There were some loose bits which I have mailed to the sales person to make sure to fix them during delivery.

Made payment today. Would be getting the car on 20th. Excited to own a fiat car.

Want some inputs, could we go in for a higher wattage headlights as the OEM headlights do not seem to have enough throw? Any suggestions?
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Congrats Krish on the ride. Looking forward to pictures on the D day.

Coming to the headlights query, this topic has been extensively discussed on the forum. Please browse/search and you will find your answers.
    My suggestion here again, i would suggest not change the wattage and go for Osram Night Breaker plus or Philips exteme vision which are of same wattage but offer better lighting than OEM lights. Also would suggest to use combo of headlights and foglamps where necessary for that extra lighting.

All the best.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Finally I got the exotic red Punto 90 HP delivered yesterday. The delivery was pretty smooth and the sales guys Siva and Raman at concorde motors Chennai handled things really well.

The car was delivered on the mentioned date and time. A small pooja was done. A photo was taken during delivery and the box of chocolate was given.

The photo was immediately framed and given (Super quick).

Mr.Siva explained me the features of the car really well. The Blue&Me work like a gem. Will update on the ownership experience in some time.

Really excited to own this car. Will post the photos shortly.