1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked a fiat grande punto sports

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pv_krish, Dec 21, 2012.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, it is Raman who is dealing this.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah be more cautious with FG policy, re-check all the data.

My case.: They have put the date the day the car left the Factory 22 days early resulting in ending the policy in 11 months, For which they should have got the car on the Trade plate Insurance which all the showroom has and transferred to new policy just one day before the Registration..
    They had called me on the 10th month to renew the policy, My dad gave them left and right saying you all give free insurance and enjoy our premium for 2 month. We are not continuing with FG, and going to New India, They were apologetic and said will wave out the labor charge when you get the car for service.
  4. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Welcome here Krish! :)
    Congrats on your booking of the Sport!
    Keep us updated. Waiting for your ownership review!
  5. murugusec

murugusec Timido

CHENNAI
    Welcome to TFI, Congrats..
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,

The car is yet to get loaded from the plant. The sales person says it would take a week to 8 days for the car to arrive. I have just done the booking and have not generated the invoice. I want to generate the invoice only after doing a PDI but he sales person says that since it might be after December he would not be able to provide the same scheme as done during booking. The sales person wants me to generate the invoice for getting the benefits that is promised.

Please advice on what I need to do. I am not really comfortable generating the invoice as the entire amount would be locked with the company and I would be at a receiving end if there are any problems.

FIAT, please let me know what is the way out. I want to generate the invoice only after doing the PDI. If the car itself arrives after Dec 31st, then I am not ready to go in for invoice before that. Check if the offers can be extended for the car that was booked. If not I might as well think about the option for cancelling the booking.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    This a normal process which is followed across dealers, You're eligible for a scheme only if it gets invoiced before end of that specific month. However there are some workarounds available if you're in good terms with the dealer. IIRC I only paid part payment and my dealer generated the invoice with a Post dated cheque I believe - Try and talk to the dealer about options. This isn't a great reason to cancel you're booking - It's a fantastic car after all.

Also don't worry to much about the discounts as they are here to stay since Punto sports isn't really selling in large numbers.

Who is the SA handling this stuff at Concorde?
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Raman is the SA handling this.

I hope there would not be any problem with the car, just in case, I do not want to run behind the dealer.
  9. Freshly baked, right from owen!

I believe, as long as a lemon is not registered to your name you can go for a replacement. You can quote TFI, teky (aka Suresh), and ramjm (aka Ramesh) to Raman. I hope he should be knowing them. Do PDI with keen eye, before your car is registered to your name. Take pictures if your find any fault (for proof sake) and ask for replacement or repair.

Finally, if you are not comfortable, invoice after PDI. After all you are selecting your mate and I am some xyz.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,

Just got a call from the dealer, he was mentioning that it would be 15-20 days before the car arrives. I do not want to generate an invoice and then wait. Do not know if I would be going in for the car considering the facts that there would be price increase in Jan and do not know if the same offers would be provided.

In the mean time, could you please let me know if there would be a minor upgrade done to Punto in 2013?