1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked a fiat grande punto sports

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pv_krish, Dec 21, 2012.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

I have just joined this forum. I have booked a sports variant of punto.

I have been a car enthusiast for some time now. Though I have not been able to get myself registered to the team-bhp, I still do a lot a analysis on cars. I love travelling in cars, distance does not matter.

I have been a great fan of fiat, especially the driving pleasure the car gives, both linea and punto. The stability is awesome in these cars and the mid range it great. These 2 cars are great highway cruisers.

I wish the company improves on the service front. I also hope the quality and interior fit and finish are further improved.

I believe I would have a great time in this forum
    9 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Home and you have taken the right decision. Punto Sports is an Ultimate Machine to cruise.

Do post us more on the Dealership review and do the detailed PDI for your satisfaction.

Fiat will have their own Sales and Service Network soon, as they have already started in some places...

Which Dealer have you booked the Punto Sports..
    1 person likes this.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Have booked with Concorde Chennai. Was introduced to he sales person in Concorde through one of my friend.

Initially when I requested for a test drive, though I mentioned punto sports, the guy came with a 75 HP emotion variant. I told him that I did not want a test drive since I had already done that long before. But fortunately I had done the test drive of the 90 HP in the previous year model. So I knew the dynamics of the car.

After analyzing with different dealers, I got a good deal with VST motors Chennai. Almost 12k difference from what I have booked now. But on reading the reviews about VST, there were not many happy people dealt by this dealer. The sales person in VST also told me that the month of manufacturing would be that of July, which I was not interested in. On enquiring further, I came to a conclusion that even if I have to spend 12k extra, I would be better off if the sales person would be genuine and give me what I ask for which would not cause a ownership headaches.

After analyzing further I found out that the models that would be shipped would be from Sep or later of 2012. Based in that I booked from Concorde. The sales guy was pretty frank and open. The booking process did not take more than 30 minutes and he explained me on what I could expect. He also gave me an assurance that he would do a PDI, then allow me to do the PDI before taking it for registration.

The sales person were obliging and answered most of the queries. The best part was they were not trying to hide anything. The car is yet to arrive and is expected to be arriving in another week or 10 days (pretty excited :rolleyes:). Once I get the information, would be doing a detailed PDI.

The sore point is the spare wheel. I feel like firing the person who decided on the spare wheel. Why can't they provide the same wheel for spare? The worse part is it comes with 14'' steel, not even 15'' steel. But preferably it should be the same wheel as the other 4. I do not find this logical. It is the case with other manufactures as well.

The sales person has promised me with floor mats, mud flaps and reverse parking sensor (I wanted the sensor as I felt that the tail gate was high and visibility in the rear were not great).

Have booked the Red colour with black stripes. Red is the colour I like, especially it reminds me of the scarlet beasts.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard. Congrats on booking sports. You made right choice. Do not forget to write ownership review. Benefits any?
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  5. 4 people like this.
  6. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Welcome to TFI, Congrats !!!!
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, Krish.

I am sure that you would have good buying experience with Concorde. Are you dealing with Raman?
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Krish, Welcome to TFI.
    Congratualtion on the buy, its no doubt a beauty and is pleasure to drive.
    Wishing you a lot of happy miles with the ride.
  9. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Bro to the club....can assure u, this forum is a treasure of great info on FIAT cars and will be extremely useful in keeping your Punto alove and kicking!!
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ramjn, yes, it is Raman at Concorde who is looking into this. Seems to be a pretty genuine guy.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012