1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Registration rules strictness depends on state to state. Don't you have temporary registration there? I took the car even before registration process was initialized & temporary no. is valid for 1 month. Meantime, the permanent registration is issued. Yep there is some time line that you need to apply with in else it might result into penalty.

I felt it awkward that there is no temporary registration procedure there:chair:??
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    He is dealing with VST Motors, Mount Road. He even had a verbal fight with your sales friend there. :).
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I think the dealer just made a donkey out of me. will call up first thing tomorrow and ask to take delivery on temporary registration.
    The car is in the yard and I am now worried as to why would they want to delay the delivery?
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Calm down Relativity. It's only 2 more days. No point in going in for a temp registration. When you say that you cleared the payment, did you pay by cash or you have given any cheque (personal not cheque from bank) to them. If you have paid through cheque, they will delay the registration process until your cheque is cleared.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

relativity, you speak to him & at least make clear to him that he can't keep vehicle unnecessarily like that.
    People often do the PDI's & take the delivery same day. At least after clearing the payments, you should take the vehicle with you. Just tell him that you need vehicle urgently as it's hampering your daily requirement.

@Ramjn/Teky: if you know the guy at VST motors you should help relativity on this? Also don't you people have temporary registration procedure over there?

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Yep, that's a good reason to keep your vehicle there. In-fact most dealers follow this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Guys: I made a DD for the down payment and SBI gave me a DD for the loan amount. Both are DDs so they are as good as cash.
    I don't mind taking delivery on Saturday as they insist registration will happen only on Friday (for some strange reason). However, I don't want them to hold the vehicle in the yard unnecessarily. I will speak to somebody senior at VST tomorrow and find out if they have any rule like that they cant deliver for upto 3 days after registration.
  7. three days after registration? you mean, after registration? boy, after registration, it is 100% your car.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Sorry. Please read that as 3 days after clear payment.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Now, I am confused. What did they actually tell you?

- They will do registration after 3 days of clearing the payment. This is strange and I really don't understand the reason behind this logic.

- They will deliver the vehicle to you 3 days after the registration. This is crap statement. You need not wait even for a minute once the registration is complete.
  10. ah, okay. even then, after making the payment, they'll give u a temporary regn sticker on your car, and you can drive it around for 5 days or so before u need to register it mandatorily. but even then, you can extend this by applying for an extension by paying 2k or so. the point is, u dont really need to wait for the whole process to be over.

after ur driving test, do we wait till we actually get the license? same thing here as well. the rest are formalities only.