1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Thank u sir for your acknowledgements...
  2. yea, even i think the chrome on 90 HP door handles are hot. keep them as they are and those'll grow on you.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I need urgent advice. I just paid the dealer the down payment and got the loan DD from SBI and handed over to him. I am being told that the Invoice and all documents will be handed over at the time of delivery. Does that sound okay? Or should I get the Invoice now?
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You will get it at the time of delivery.
    But the delivery was fixed for today, isn't it?
  5. ---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Relativity,

I love your car colour and it is cool. I will buy this beauty in near future.And i am completing my 30 th post.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Just got home, the SBI loan thing consumed my whole day.
    Anyway, made a DD for the down payment and gave it to the dealer who gave me a receipt. Then I took the receipt to SBI and they gave me the sanction loan amount DD (after 2 hours). Took that to the dealer. Then submitted some documents for registration. Now it will only go to the RTO on Friday so I plan to take the delivery on Saturday.
    Just a word of caution for newbies - You have to cross check your name and address on every piece of paper the dealer gives you 'cuz they mess up everything. Make sure you clarify your name and address multiple times so that it is correct on the RC, Insurance and the Invoice.

Enki - Thanks for the timely response else I would have picked up another fight with the dealer.

Few questions:
    1. I want to buy the Chrome Exhaust tip. Since the dealer has the Fiat branded one for 2K, should I buy it from him? Will it void the warranty or anything?
    2. What are my options for the sun film? (Any threads I can read on brands/cost etc.)
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Go ahead and buy the Fiat branded chrome exhaust tip. Though the cost is on the higher side it is of good quality. It won't void any warranty.

For sunfilm, my recommendation would be CR35 for windows and CR70 for windshield. Visit 3M car care at Nungambakkam. They do excellent job.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Ramjn. I heard 3M cost is on the higher side. Is that true?
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good quality products always come with a cost but it is worth it. This CR series films may cost you around 15k. For cheaper option go for CS series in 3M itself. Avoid Garware.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No, that shouldn't violate the warranty if it is fitted at dealership & FIAT branded.
    You can go for it but try to negotiate on that 2K, you are already buying sub 8 lacs car from there. I would suggest for parking sensors instead of Chrome exhaust. It would help a lot the parking headache during initial days. Most of the early dents/scratches in a new vehicle are caused while parking for first 1-2 months. Reason is simple, it's a new vehicle & you need your time to sense/feel it's breadth/width while parking it.
    For rest of the stuff, don't be in hurry & take your time. There should be enough of the threads for sun-films/floor mats/seat covers. You already have experts from your locality like Ramjn/Cinju, who will help you bang max. with the right budget.