1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I told this already to you, concorde to me is the best in Chennai. The delivery of my friends car was organised very well and didn't have to escalate or run pillar to pillar.

Avoid VST like a plague until this guy sits there!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I concur with teky. For sales, Concorde, Guindy is the best in Chennai. Mr. Raman is a nice and genuine TL there.

@Relativity - Don't get bogged down by these attitude from the dealers. You need not switch to other car just because of this person/dealer.
  3. I too agree that Concorde , Guindy is the best in chennai . Raman is genuine and honest person .

Had a smooth buying experience with them.Though there were small niggles with the car ,nothing that I was not able to manage .

@ Relativity : Go to their yard and do the PDI before handing over the cheque . Andif they still insist for cheque before PDI if possible move to Concorde , Guindy

Ajit
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    It was just as an occasion,well one should have more concentration at high speeds driving above +110 Kmph... and my ride was total natural with full concentration.Maintaining speeds between 80-100 Kmph one can really enjoy the ride with certain activities like listen to music(each chord and strings),get relax'd and watching natural beauty;),chit chat with friends etc etc..

Only one thing i dont expect natural:- a buffalow coming on the road from nowhere and having shit program looking at clean and neat road :D:D
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    With speeds between 80-100, you will have room for concentration to other activities. Where as, with speeds above that, you will attain the Complete Nirvana of driving a Fiat :).
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep. Ramjn comment is just like what the doctor ordered. That's why FIAT is marvelous & one can avoid situations without even realizing them, where-as many other cars would be "THAT'S IT" !!. Now Gang pleassssssse, last thing i want is trying to create conditions artificially/intentionally for yourself to check stopping potential of Punto. I mean resist throttling to the floor as soon as you see a buffalo enjoying crap session on highway::OO!!! I am already regretting my high speed claim since you hardly took anytime to experienced it:roll:.

This is also for Relativity too, a bit in advance. Let them naturally come to you & realize what your Punto can do... pls... it's a request..:sad1!! Punto is very ridiculous kinda car that just takes your confident to 13th sky. The growling sound of an angry cub in the background (1.3 MJD) makes is the toughest test of your patience. So just ensure that it's you only who is mastering your mind & not adrenaline shots from the Punto which it keeps injecting with, non-stop to it's master. Keep talking to yourself because Punto will hardly resist any violent thoughts & will be one step ahead whatever you plan for:A. Let's cover some 25000-30000 Kms in Punto & then start cracking it's code. Thanks!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    i tried on empty road,when i was at 80 Kmph and applied sudden brakes it hardly took few metres to stop...

Relativity,
    "Dont Try this at Home" (Just Kidding)
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, Cars stopping power is inversely proportional to the speed. The higher the speed, the less effective braking will be. Obviously in case of emergency, due to full pedaling & high speeds the tires will lock. Tires having far lesser inertial mass comes to rest much earlier than the car (1/5 than the car in general cases). That's why high speeds will challenge the braking. Moreover brake drums/discs can be overheated due to frictional forces, fading it drastically. In sports cars, CCM brakes are popular these days invented by Ferrari & Brembo which has resolved this issue. Carbon Ceramic Brakes first ever were used in Ferrari Enzo & are just like :shock:. It's brake rotors can work at the temp. up-to 1000 deg. No fading effects.

Alloy wheels also tends to provide much better ventilation for Discs so over heating/fading is comparatively low. Not too many people consider this & take alloys for aesthetic purpose only. If you have cars completely loaded, increased inertial mass & weakened brakes will be noticed even 70-80 kmph. The worst side effect of skidding is car lose the steering, no control what so ever.
    Punto/Linea are totally different breed but without ABS, they may also skid on high speeds. ABS not only helps setting in motion the skidding tyre but also will also allow the steering to work so that one can steer the vehicle as a last resort away from impact line (if it is not likely to come to a halt with-in time). Challenge is generally above 80 Kmph in Indian cars & obviously the emergency. So one is testing the stopping, he should maintain proper intervals between two tight braking sessions for cooling down.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I can't find the Punto PDI checklist in PDF format, please help.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, I managed to print the PDI thread and went to the yard today and tried to complete as much PDI as the blistering hot Chennai sun allowed.

I drove forward and reverse just a little to check the drive. They wouldn't let me drive really.
    The tires have the tread on the them and they are Goodyear. The odometer showed 13 KMs and I took pictures of everything so please let me know if you notice anything that looks out of place.

DSC00901.JPG
    DSC00903.JPG DSC00906.JPG DSC00911.JPG DSC00921.jpg DSC00922.jpg DSC00924.jpg DSC00978.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    2 people like this.