1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Went and submitted the SBI car loan papers at VST Motors, Chennai today. The regional head of Fiat was there and met him as well.
    Got a proper Proforma Invoice.

The dealer is insisting if the loan is approved, I go ahead and clear my part of the payment by 29th Feb so that they can generate an invoice. I am not sure I want to pay before doing a PDI. is the PDI done before or after registration? They said once the car is here, I can go to the yard and check the car and then clear the payment. Actual PDI will happen at the time of delivery, after registration.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Relativity, PDI must be done before Registration. If any issues are found, you can very well reject the car. If the car is registered in your name, what's the point in doing the PDI? No need to pay anything other than booking amount before the PDI. Once you are satisfied with the car, then go ahead with other loan process and payment.

And can you please share the name of the regional head of Fiat you are talking about?
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Ramjin, his name is Vikram something. My friend has his contact details if you want.
    For the payment, so I will keep the cheque that will come from SBI with me till I complete the PDI.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Please. Do not handover any cheque to them till you do the PDI. Insist on that strongly.

I know Mr. Vikram. I have met him. He is not the regional head of Fiat. He is Tata Motors employee and taking care of regional sales of Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    I booked 1.3 emotion and will be delivered in a week from now . Sometimes i think what time A truck takes to transport car 2000 kms away and keep living the wait and loving it , searching accessories , reviews , DIY . Swift served me for 3 yrs,Gem of a car , now Dad will take care of her
    90% people who came to know that i am buying punto were like :eek: , saying what u saw in that . Than suggesting me I20 , Swift , Polo, Dzire etc .Some even said m doing biggest mistake, I ignore them with a smile , they cant think beyond that .
    Main reason i opted for Punto is its overall VFM . i20 AC is weak than santro. Polo expensive and not loaded .
    ASS:: FIAT=VW=>NISSAN=SKODA . Maruti service station is overloaded with cars .
    Most importantly , Fiat Service centre is in same row as my office , so no special time to be spared for service.
    Offer I got
    Price for 1.3 emotion 680,761Rs metallic
    4k package cost ( Insurance + RSA 17500+4000)
    3K Corpt discount
    3K Discount dont know for what
    Mud flap , mats , No plates
    NET PRICE 682000 Without Roat Tax ( inclu 3000 logistic charges , 100 rs temp no )
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I had a major argument with the team leader at VST Motors, Mount road. He called me up and spoke very rudely demanding payment so that he could invoice the vehicle. I told him I am willing to pay the differential if there is any price increase (8-10K expected by 1st March). However, he started telling me things like they are a big group and they don't care about my 8 lakhs and that he is trying to co-operate with me and that I am not co-operating. I tried to control but I lost it and gave him a piece of my mind. He even threatened me that i will regret about not following his advice.
    I then called up Mr. Vikram and he apologized stating this guy is a good guy but he is being coached on how to speak to customers :hit
    He said not to worry and that he will invoice the vehicle to protect me against any price hike and that I can pay after PDI when the car arrives around 2nd March.
    For the record - this Vikram is a Fiat employee and heads regional sales. There is another Vikram, who is a tata motors employee and heads the service for Fiat cars.

I was so angry and annoyed that I actually thought of cancelling the booking and buy a Swift, Polo or Fabia etc. If the pre sales experience can shoot my BP to 140, I don't know how will I deal with these uncouth people if i own a Fiat.

Mr. Vikram really saved the day and now I decided to deal with only the SE there - Mr. Linesh who is very nice and approachable. I am complete going to avoid Fazil and escalate any issues to Vikram.

I manage a large team of people and have many Team Leaders like Fazil reporting to me. Trust me, if he was reporting to me; he would be sitting with the HR and completing his exit formalities. Alas, Fiat doesn't do business like most of us. :chair:

If you are in Chennai and out to buy a Fiat, in my opinion, VST is still the least evil of the 3-4 dealers. However, deal directly with Linesh and avoid Fazil like a plague. The guy is good for selling Indicabs to transport companies. Period!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I doubt whether a staff at showroom who succeeds in selling out more fiat cars are acknowledged at the same footing as one sells indica. If not whatever Fiat does to improve the sales things will not work. The kind of attitude of TATA staff mentioned in above posts make me to believe that way.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Don't worry. The guy speaking rudely no where represents FIAT. FIAT is unfortunate with such kind of guys marketing their cars. Everything will be forgotten as soon as the beauty is driven home, It will be worth for all the patience. But hey people surprising these days for buying a FIAT are just simply robots. They must be injecting heavy dose of anesthesia exactly before going in open. There are too many FIAT's around these days for a surprise. Yes, critics is acceptable, but surprised... errrrrrr.... just pinch them at cheeks to check if there is any sign of life left there:confused:!! Do they close their eyes while being on road??

I also read your SUV consideration thread. Well dear bro, SUV is not a status symbol or better being bigger or higher. Yep our fathers have hardly been auto-enthusiasts, so obviously they will put forward their views. If your purpose is off roading/uneven terrain/need more cargo space with lots of passengers inside, Hatchback is useless. If you need a vehicle that should be maneuverable, fast with good FE & limited people to board it, go for a Sedan/Hatch back. Yep there is more weight & Metal that you get for the bucks in SUVs but with the same logic one should opt for the truck. None of the specific type is best (Hatchback/SUV/Sedan), it's just the preference & purpose. Top model of premium hatchbacks/Sedans prices are comparative to an SUV (just + or -, Rs. 50000).
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    you are absolutely true,here at my place also i'm seeing many fiat's punto,the lack is the advertisements and marketing,FIAT people dont know how to do the marketing :thumbs down here when first time i enquired PUNTO, the sales guy took me to first VISTA:evil: then after giving him a cute smile i told bosss punto dikhao(show).

Punto is a killer man have a look at snap(COURTESY:- FIAT FB)
    432306_10150595791079302_57143914301_9319134_1478089464_n.jpg

and ofcourse by reading your posts about the ability of the speed handling of Punto after 110 Kmph, i tried it on NH-4(Sankeshwar to Dharwad) ,for first time i have touched.. not touched was consistent at this speed 145 Kmph and i never felt that i'm @145Kmph,it was awesum bro.
    thanks for one of innova guy on NH-4 who made me to test my Punto
    2 people like this.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

@Ganges: Yep, All punto's are marvelous. The one in pic is a total sinister by the way!! Thanks for sharing this.

FIAT's are a fabulous highway drive. In other cars where the one trembles & shivers driving on express-ways, for Punto he would start looking for excuses & feel frustrated at times when not able to find one:mrgreen:. Some amazing stuffs are still to be experienced like absolutely ground drilling stopping power even at significantly higher speeds that you are talking about. The rear won't mis-align by a single degree, no swaying, no imbalance, nothing!!

But Gang, some occasional fun is OK but don't over do it. Especially avoid the aiming of pre-determined speed & ignoring situations. Nope, that's wrong!! Let everything come naturally to you. You will enjoy it a hell lot more in future, you watch it!!
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    2 people like this.