1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. i think we all mostly know what all choices a buyer goes thru usually before zeroing in on a punto/linea. either due to a strong liking for fiat, or after some careful research and understanding. much more than the test drive experience, we await your real experience, with your own car. a test drive is not that real, is it. a few minutes with a TD car gives u only the basics. for a person who's in a dilemma, i was too in similar situation, i visited 3-4 showrooms and did atleast 4 TDs, both 2011 1.3 emotion pk and 2012 emotion. I didnt have the 90 HP in mind, so i didnt want to confuse myself more with a TD of a 90HP, which maynot be available too for a TD.

but these 4 TDs doesnt really satisfy until u can have your own. i guess you cant plan and prepare everything beforehand. a few things are always left unfinished, and u let Fate take its course.

But yes, i think the offer is pretty good. 7.99 from 8.40 is pretty good.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Can't agree more. It sounds even more baseless in my case, in-fact absurd & ridiculous. I never drove a Punto before i bought one (neither FGT nor petrol,not even in test drives but only in dreams:confused:. You want to know why? Here i go:)!!

I happened to drive a Palio NV in 2004 & man! it was like coming out of the trance/regressive session of a hypnotist. It shook me & i got to know what cars are all about. It was a personal vehicle of company's vendor & i was using an Indica as company conveyance for site visits. It was not available one day so the guy sent me his personal vehicle & apologized that Indica isn't available today. That was the day FIAT bugged. It was an era where people feel 80km/h speed was a movie scene only & i did 150 km/hr with ease & full control. The guy became of a friend later & obviously turned out to be a fiat lover:p. It's an air born infection you know, tends to spread to the nearer ones & neighbors quickly.
    One morning he knocked & woke me up early morning. I asked him what happen?
    He was very disappointed & told me that he had a very bad accident. How?
    He struck it into road side concrete poll @130 KM/hr straight away with no braking effort as he was feeling sleepy before he got into a sharp turn. My heart started sinking & asked him if he is OK.He said that he didn't have a scratch but he needs some financial help. I assured him whatever i could do but I have also heard too many stories of people losing their life@60km/h. It was bloody unbelievable for me as the guy was still OK as routine albeit confused & scared. I wanted to visit the location of the accident & he agreed on this.

What a carnage & never experienced such savagery::OO!! the car was torn in two halves from bumper till the windshield. But once the impact reached the windshield, car broke the solid concrete poll & windshield glass was still intact. Like it saying to that pole "stay away from my master, you %^&?>$%&*:firey!! Windows were opening & closing ridiculously like a new car. Not a pebble inside the perfumed & leathered cabin. There were High Voltage cables all around the car though the supply was cut once it was informed to state electricity board. The guy was rewarded a second birth for being a FIAT lover.
    Then i test drove a Linea in march 2009 when it was just launched. It was like driving a super-car among those NHCs/Accents/Dezire at that moment. Do i need to test drive a Fiat Punto now before i buy one? Sorry, i am not a fool.

So it depends from person to person & what his tragedy is:helmet!! For few people, test drives factors a lot & sometimes even contribute to a wrong decision that they keep regretting later on.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. bennick12

bennick12

Goa
    Can you ask them to mail it to you,
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After reading this story I ask only one qustion.

All korean & Japan car manufacturers are you listening?
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    90 HP is a complete package. Right now no need to invest in anything extra other than sun control film and seat covers(if want). Use the stock tyres maximum and then go for upgrade. Extended warranty is highly advisable. Ask them to give at least some discount on anti rust coating. Regarding sun control film Vkool(expensive) or GM is good. Llumar is also fine but if the person is not highly professional result will be a disaster. Llumar use more solution to stick. Avoid film for windshield glass.

Good luck.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sungoa,

i would have prefer this after one rainy season.... let back seat people enjoy the rain as like enjoying with the naked eyes.... when new we do lot of outingsz (my experience)... just have to bear with one summmer season and the low-efficiency of AC !
  7. Super Like the story. Beautiful to read. So I was forced to copy paste the story in my facebook wall with a title "What makes a person 'A Die Hard Fiat fan' or 'Once Fiat always fiat' read the below story " without ur permission.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Super Like the story. Beautiful to read. So I was forced to copy paste the story in my facebook wall with a title "What makes a person 'A Die Hard Fiat fan' or 'Once Fiat always fiat' read the below story " without ur permission.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I would suggest you to go with sunfilm only for now. As time goes by, you will find the car showing age (in appearance and not the drive). From then start adding some jewels to it like you do it for a new born baby :p
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Good one Enki.
    For me the Td was important to choose between 75 and 90HP. Having TDd 75 HP earlier, the car was already decided as Punto. In fact, if I had to lower my budget to a petrol car, it would still be a Punto. I even told the SE that if the car is not delivered before the diesel car price hike; I'd want to cancel and switch to a petrol.
  10. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    'Once Fiat always fiat'

I Super Agree with the above words