1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

just make sure car is thoroughly washed & rubbed in case there is some delay.
    point is no dust should get mixed under-body+paint protection.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

many people think it's useless. I am advising you based on my experience. The metallic paint finish is really enhanced. You will notice the difference before & after immediately.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    All Fiat cars comes with factory coated for the underbody. Anyhow additional coating would be better too for a coastal region like Chennai. It also ensures additional sound dampening for your car :).
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ramjn, You provided him the link for contact but he has managed again to be in a fix:confused.

Relativity, That's thread starters view. Get underbody/paint protection done. I don't agree with people who say it's not required. The paint finish gives such a good mirror effect that you can't take a photograph of it in shadow from 4-5 feet away. I recently noticed it when i was trying to take pic of Punto's window for Com-paint touch job to post on TFI thread. It felt like i have shot myself in the mirror holding a camera phone:mrgreen:.
    One of my neighbour has TW Punto, which doesn't have the paint protection. It didn't give such a good mirror effect under same conditins, i can confirm it. It's very well maintained with hardly 2000 kms on ODO but mine which runs over 150 kms a day in Delhi traffic. Paint feels so smooth when you feel it with your hand but not exactly same feeling when non-coated.
    For underbody, coastal region makes enough sense as Ramjn pointed out. So go for it.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am indeed in a fix after researching thoroughly on Team BHP and their statement that all paint sealant jobs are just glorified wax and companies like 3M actually cut though about 10 microns of your paint to give the car a coat. Sounds scary. I have an appointment with 3M tomorrow so will need to decide by then. I am still okay with underbody coating but scared about the paint sealant. Enki - did you get it done at 3M?

I think this is a must read for everybody and I am gonna start reading this now.
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/21800-article-must-have-accessories-your-new-car.html
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I got it done at TASS only but under my personal supervision.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not true.
    Look at the step by step process done on my car for the paint sealant.
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/112691-3m-car-care-chennai-3.html#post2670988
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn - I read your 3M thread. I am no expert and you guys of course know better. I was just pointing out that another Forum is strictly against any kind of paint sealant, whether Teflon or 3M or generic.

I might still go for 3M as it is difficult for me to keep this color clean. Also, since I am in a coastal town; the under body protection is necessary. It will also dampen the NVH.
    If I don't like what 3M does, I won't get the paint sealant redone after 1 year (Most experts pointed out that it will wear off in 6-12 months).