1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Well, take the delivery & complain to FIAT & TATA Motor's top authorities. Tata Motors is not his bloody group & he is just an executive over there. Trust me all his ignorance & aggression will fly away as soon as he sees a threat for his employment. You shouldn't leave it here as the guy will manage to put off quite a few potential FIAT buyers during his tenure. He almost did that to you. You do mention his comments like "we are a big group so hardly care:dance". Next time when you speak on mobile to him, record his voice:mrgreen:. Don't forget it.

Since you are a latest/fresh case, take it further & could also refer Teky & Ramjn as further reference who had the same experience while dealing with him.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Guys, delivery is due in 18 hours. A few quick questions, although you guys have already advised me not to worry about anything.

1. What can I buy for a quick daily car wash - sponge, typical car shampoo brands, polish/wax or some special brand of cloth
    2. Any type of paint sealant, paint protection coating to be done by 3 M etc?
    3. Is Car perfume necessary or discretionary?

Thanks in advance.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

For windscreen washing liquid, there is already a fluid mentioned in Manual book. Purchase that one & add to distilled water while filling the reservoir for windshield clean. You can also use regular shampoos in case it's not available. Opt for Turtle liquid polish instead of Formula 1 wax. Sponge is necessary & can be purchased separate. Sonax/3M/F1 Car shampoos can be purchased from any auto shop but i don't mind doing it too with my pantene or head n shoulder.
    Do get the under-body/anti-rust coating + 3M paint protection but from a specialized outlet instead of TASS. Get it done as as early as possible after the delivery. Don't drive vehicle too much as it would deposit layers of very fine dust under-body. There is already 1 coat of under-body sealant on stock cars but still you get it done because of humidity level. For 3 M package for under-body & paint protection package, you will get 2 extra coats both for under-body & paint protection which needs to be availed in 18 months. 3 M paint protection is very helpful to maintain the gloss of metallic colors though not equally useful for non-metallic. Avoid washing car for a day or two after 3M. There is specialized microfiber cloth but i forgot it's name:A. I use a simple terry towel & it suffices. Useful thing is never rub it dry & hard when dirt deposited on the car. You need to gently rub with slightly moist cloth. Do spill tel-com powder on windscreen & let the wiper run for a few secs every 15 days or a month. It will soften wiper blades during dry seasons. Let me know what else...
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Go through the Detailing thread, You should have all the answers. In short never do anything on dry surface, I've been using Amway car shampoo and satisfied with it. For Washing I use Hand mittens by Jopasu and dry the surface after wash using chamois leather. For all Plastic parts I use Sonax followed by 3M plastic protector. For Alloys I use Eagle one polish post washing and upholstery is done using Sonax again. I wax once in a month and use Eagle One liquid wax although Colinite 845 or 915 is better. You can get all these from eBay or from your local shell petrol station. Do order the Jopasu duster from eBay, it will be easier to wipe of the dust instead of having to wash your car frequently.

Yes, get the Paint protection done. Are you aware of the 3M outlet in Nungambakkam?

In the Chennai traffic it's necessary when you use the Full Auto AC. Try and source Myshaldan from eBay, I like the squash flavor in it.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would say the usage of perfume is completely subjective. Go for it if you like to have it. I personally do not prefer perfume and have never used in my car.
  6. in my opinion, perfume feels quite artificial. i've used many, and now i use camphor/karpoora inside my car. i keep it inside a small plastic bottle/dabba, and put a small hole on its lid - so the smell isn't sharp or pungent, but very delicate. it's terrific, and the faint smell makes you feel good. plus, it repels moths and insects, and gives a clean smell. try it.

for this i have to thank my dad-in-law. i got this idea from him.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

perfect rahul. never thought about it. its sure for a shot now & is truly hygienic thanks.;)
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks, but I am not aware of the 3 M outlet in Nungambakkam. I will look it up on Google and get directions from a friend as well. Do I need an appointment to go there? Also, do I need both Under body paiting and paint sealant immediately after delivery, which one of these can wait till the first service?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rahul,
    nice idea, i will also use karpooram from here onwards....
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Check this out mate.
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/112691-3m-car-care-chennai.html

Talk with Mr. Dushy there. He is a nice guy and will explain you on their offerings. Appointment is necessary on weekends. They work on Sundays too.
    Sooner is better for both underbody and paint protection.
    1 person likes this.