1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked 90 HP - My first Car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am extremely excited about booking my 90 HP at VST Motors Chennai. I need to call them up tomorrow to confirm the color and my wife and I finally have a winner - the same color that we started out with before checking out all other colors - Oceanic Blue.

I need help in figuring out a few things:

• I am being charged 4K for a free insurance offer. I will call and get the details tomorrow from them but what kind of insurance do they usually throw in - with zero depreciation, cashless etc? Also, is it valid for 1 year or longer?
    • 2 years warranty is included - do I need to pay for an extended warranty?
    • They refused to comment on the brand of tyres. is this normal? They said they will inform me beforehand and if I want to change/upgrade, they will help; although I may need to pay extra
    • What is RSA? I think it is included
    • The free accessories are - Mud Flaps, Floor mats and car cover. Do I need anything else? How about sun film - what brands are the best and what will it cost?
    • The door handles are chrome on the 90 HP so I was wondering if the alloys would also have some chrome on them?
    • What is the brand of stereo used in a GP 90HP? Can it be upgraded/changed at the time of delivery?
    • What are the usual upgrades for a 90HP at the time of deliver as this is my first car. I saw a chrome exhaust for around 4K on the fiat website and thought that would compliment the chrome elsewhere
    • I am learning to drive - is it advisable to get reverse parking sensors?
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Many congratulations on your booking.
    My answers in bold below.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Ramjin, I will speak to the dealer today to clarify some of these things
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Relativity,
    Congratsz for your 90Hp and OB color...
    Dont do any extra fittings right away,wait for one month at least and then do your mod job,till then feel the smell of your new car(like we do in our childhoood :D) and will wait for your 140Kmph speeedo needle touch news..::T
    1 person likes this.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    the commitment slip that they gave me is very poorly written and it does not mention any freebies or anything except 90 HP Oceanic blue and the amount receivable as 7,99,999.
    Is this normal? they agreed on the phone but shouldn't they give a proper Invoice?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For freebies, really don't look for them to mention it on the slip. Believe your dealer. They will honor the commitment :).
  7. hi relativity, can u give the break up of the onroad price? ex-showroom, road tax, insurance, handling, registration, plus discounts?
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I don't remember it exactly but the prices was approximately 8,36,000 plus 4K for the free insurance offer so 8,40,000.
    Less:

Free Insurance 25000
    Corporate Discount 3000
    Cash Discount 10,000

I guess that's close. But I can ask them to email it to me in detail.
    It includes Road Side assistance and Extended Warranty.
  9. well, i think thats a good offer.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats but you will never post your test drive experience, isn't it?I hit on thread hoping that it must be there but hell no:?!
    You should have started the thread with all the ups & downs that you went through before freezing a Punto. Also other vehicles too which were good & confusing you.We would love to read the whole story.It would be quite informative for someone who is going through your stage & in a dilemma.
    The offer looks cool. crack it:dancing!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012