1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bonnet open warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Vijairaj, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    Yesterday at the end of a 200km journey I noticed that the bonnet was open. Before the journey I was inspecting the fluid levels and closed the bonnet by dropping it from ~10 cm height (though, usually I drop it from ~1feet) but the lines were aligned perfectly. I guess and hope that it was due to me not closing the bonnet properly. Is there a warning message for open bonnet similar to open door/boot. I could see some wires running from behind the locking mechanism but when I checked the MID, there's no signal/message about open bonnet.
  2. nope there is no warning for Bonnet open.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think its there
  4. CLINTONMYERS

CLINTONMYERS

noida
    No there isn't any warning about the bonnet.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Vijairaj, varin11, NO THEIR ISEN'T ANY SUCH SYSTEM WHICH WILL LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR HOOD IS OPEN.
    Varin11 if such thing is present how come this feature is not present in any of the single Linea??
    If your boot lid is open, it'll let you know.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I had one in my Palio similar to door open indicators.
  7. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Along with the boot open indicator, I wish they had set it up so that the Boot cannot open when car is moving. My 18 month old daughter has found it very interesting that she can push a button and get dad to pull over (of course to climb out and close the boot) :?
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    lol kids find weird ways of happiness.But its really funny.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Torpedo, no its not like that. Our cars boot is speed sensetive. I don't know exactly at what speed it stops working but at very low speed you can open your boot.
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    @Tron - this is news to me and good that Fiat atleast thought of it. But I know for sure it can be opened while moving at < 20 kmph. Not sure if that can be set with MyCar settings like the auto door lock. Will try it out...