1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bonnet got bent

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sundar1900, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to hear about the mishap again Sundar. In my opinion, this can be repaired.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Don't worry mate, it can be repaired & best advise is to get it done from outside.
    Bonnet & bumpers are all made-up of collapsible material so that Dent won't as stubborn as on a typical metal sheet.
    Did you try to press it gently if it can regain it's original shape?
    Try it but very smartly. Don't force the issue & spoil it further. Just try to close it with some gentle force/taps & it may come back to it's original shape. Else take it to a local denter. Should be an easy job.

Don't drive your car at high speed. Since there is a gap created there, Air would be blocked & it may open up on it's own.
    Good luck & get it done asap.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sundar,
    If TASS agrees to change undr insurance change it.
    It cnt b repaird.?
    Might be ur gng thru bad patch of tym if the positions of graha ,rahu and kethu r considered,get the pooja done for your car . :)
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, It's pretty repairable. Claiming insurance for this will decline the appreciation of vehicle.
    A good denter may do it in no time.
    I still remember when a biker reared my Zen when it was parked roadside.
    It was looking like the boot needs to be changed. There were 2-3 big patches of dent.
    I took it to nearby denter, he put a thick cloth inside of the boot gate to avoid scratches, put a 4X4 inch wooden block on it & with in "2 PRECISED" shots of hammers the dents were gone. The boot was perfect as it was before. Had it been to the agency, no way they will let escape anything less than Rs. 15000. I gave him Rs. 500. Denter exactly knew what he was doing & It was not about just hammer shots which either me or you can do:p
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    I dont think I can claim insurance for this as this was due to bad handling. TASS said they would try to get back the original shape for some 4000 Rs including painting (though the paint is pretty much intact). But he said he was not sure of getting back to original shape.When Yes, the dent is yielding to our hand pressure and it regained some 20% of original level. Inside the bonnet the dent is exactly on file like folded line and not on plain surface which is why I doubt if the normal denting process would be effective. Moreover will there be any warranty violation risk associated with doing on our own? How the paint will be matched if required?
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Don't do it on your own. I got your point of a folded line dent.
    you are correct it won't regain it's shape by trying yourself.
    Take it to a local denter.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nothing wrong in trying with local denter than going for whole bonnet replacement. I think there will be no warranty problems. With what happened to you it is better to get dented and leave it without paint job, if any be needed, at least it won't attract some drishti. Later, when you feel it is comfortable then you can go for paint job, if any be needed.
  8. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    very sad to see this...plz get your car checked with some good local shop (who has paint booth and does body work and computerized paint matching). I am sure it will be done easily and you dont have to shell out so much to get it rectified. Also there will not be any issue with TASS because they can match it exactly that they wont be able to find out any body work..
  9. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Anyone knows a good denter in Chennai?? What will be the approximate charge?
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3