1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bonnet got bent

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sundar1900, Apr 30, 2012.

1. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,

Yesterday we went to a temple and I got a garland to tie on my punto. I opened the bonnet and put it on stand with the rod. After garlanding my friend thought it's not on stand and pulled it down and the bonnet got bent. There is a big gap between the bonnet and the engine shell after locking it. The service guy says it cannot be restored and bonnet change is must. What to do?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Take it to a good denter-painter guy. Take his opinion. He should be able to do something better than replacing it entirely.
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Gurji, do you mean to go to some non TASS guy to take out the dent??
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just take a non TASS guy's opinion first of all. That how will he repair it?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your friend might be big fan of Hyundais ::D
    Please post pic ?
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sundar, This is not sundar by any means:irked.
    I just read your last post of morning in which you updated that window got restored. I was about to congratulate you, then suddenly see your next thread in which you have bent the bonnet:confused. Too bad buddy. Take care of the beauty, pls be careful for a month while parking & maneuvering it.
    Wish you luck!
  7. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    What to do ENKI...somethings are not in our control...I learned to live with it....

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

What to do ENKI...somethings are not in our control...I learned to live with it....
  8. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    @Sundar - no offense plz but is your friend having a car? If he has, then how come he forgot that bonnet cannot be freely stand without any support? I suggest please take care of your car properly...go and check with local workshop guy how much they quote..
    Just to tell you my hyundai had a big dent on bonnet and we went to service center they quoted 22K replacement paint service etc. We went outside to a local workshop and they did this work in 2.5K and they did amazing job...
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sundar,
    Humble request pls post the pic.
  10. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    The wide gap is after locking the bonnet

2012-05-01 08.37.31.jpg