1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bolt for the Spare Tyre

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nibedk, Aug 30, 2014.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,
    I bought a new Punto sports 3 months back. Immediately exchanged the spare tyre for 195/60 Accelare and orginal OEM alloys. After the change I realised that the bolt to tighten the spare wouldn't work now as with 15" alloys the height has increased. I tried to fit the tyre with the alloy facing towards the ground but that didn't work as the hole in the alloy is smaller than the tip where the bolt needs to fit.

The problem is when ever I am driving at faster speeds(mainly on highways) and go over a hump or potholes the spare alloy which is without any bolt makes a lot of noise going up and down. This isnt much of an issue inside the city as you hardly have any speeds when going over a hump or pothoel

Enquired in FASS about the longer bolt which I am sure FIAT would have produced when they were providing alloy spare with the Sports/Emotion version earlier. They said its not available anymore.

I have two options
    -- Find a longer spare bolt somewhere. I am in Hyderabad and have tried few accessories shop. Anyone can point if there are any stores where I can find the longer bolts,
    -- Second option is to refabricate the tip where the bolt goes in to be smaller than the hole in the alloy and put the alloy in upside down postion.

Need inputs from members who have faces this issue.

nibedk
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Go to a roadside welder and he'll modify the existing bolt to fit.

Go to a guy who is idle.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This was precisely the issue when I had though of replacing the spare with current tyre size. I has also enquired about the bolting arrangement with the Fiat dealer at my place but they are clueless. I clearly remember the spare tyre for earlier T-Jet Emotion variant was a 195/60 profile tyre and there was a bolting arrangement. Have been trying to source that but neither 99 rpm had it nor the dealer. Had dropped a mail to Fiat in this regards but no reply. Hence had to drop the idea.

If you can get hold of that bolting arragement of T-Jet, then its possible. Otherwise some kind of padding (soft ones which are generally available with electronic eqpts, not thermocol) will be the only alternative.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't if this helps but try to find a long bolt which matches the size of the thread and is long enough to come out of the centre of the wheel. Get a couple of washers or thin metal plate which will cover the entire hub of wheel and then bolt it down. I did this for my Civic and it worked.