1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Body Kits, Design / Availablily and locations..

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by theblack, Jul 24, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've been searching for proper body kits for my punto from a long time and after I'm back in India I'd like to go in with this mod.
    But I've searched the web quite a lot to find good designs but to no gain.

I'm starting this thread so that everyone can pour in their design ideas and pictures snapped (if any) of the same so that we can all take a look and decide for ourselves...
    I looked at some famous online stores like bodykits.org but surprisingly they dont even have FIAT on their list.

My considerations for the kit are as follows..
    1.) Does it reduce the GC
    2.) What is the weight gain (More importantly is it significant?)

Spoilers..
    I've seen a lot of cars in this forum itself with spoilers.. Guys can you please tell me if there has been any negative aerodynamic effect because of these fitments on the highways?

Mileage
    Is there going to be any drop in the mileage (i'm sure its not significant, or is it?)

PS:: I hope this can bring out the kid inside everyone of us and hopefully some (including me) can make use of this thread to get the kits done
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    AFAIK don't think if we are going for OEM Spoiler there won't be any effect on aerodynamic since its been tested on punto.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    We are only looking at aftermarket stuff here
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The body kit for the Punto is not available in india. I have been searching for the same since ages but in vain. A body kit mainly consists of a front design with a enhanced stance which can be lower as per design. The second part is the side skirts and u can have wheel arches too if the designer is good at it. The third part is the rear portion of the car which consists of the bumper design and spoiler. The full body kit consists of this package.
    It depends on what you want out of it and how you want it. We have manufacturers in the UK who have their designs which could be shipped or the same could be copied and done in FRP by a skilled craftsman.

For a car to look good its primary that you need a good set of alloys and tires. A normal car will stand apart from a car shod with 17inch alloys and tires. Every car looks good with a lower stance so once you have the alloy size upgrade you can lower it your individual choice.
    Then work on the body kit of your choice and design.You need to have a basic idea on what you would like to have in your body kit and tell your idea to the designer who could work it out. Working out a body kit is not a plug and play stuff. It requires ample time, patience and weeks of waiting for the entire module to frame up and painting. So in case you have the patience and the module go ahead with it.
    Body kits can be classified into 3 as per me.
    1. Subtle kit:- includes minor lip designs and small rear diffuser with the OE type spoiler
    2. Full Body kit:- Includes full front bumper skirts, lower side skirting, rear skirts and spolier of your choice.
    3. Extreme body kit:- (Not recommended for normal kid) Wide body kits with drilled air scoops, wide fender wheel arches, full body rework design, changing the front headlamps, bonnet scoops, GT spoiler, side door cladding, custom design rear as per the pic enclosed which i have in mind. Cant find a person who could develop it for me. Spoke with the guy who designed the XUV 500 and he just grinned .. Fiat_Punto_Abarth_by_Active_Design.jpg

Murphy_Fiat, ScintillaSpire and Cinju like this.
  5. Y don't you try KITUP in Coimbatore!!! They are good in body kit and spoiler design....KitUp! Automotive..
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Nimish... what about the other more India specific constraints like ride height , mileage drop.
    I think all of us are more interested in that ..

there is no point in spending 30-40k to get these kits and ruin them in just 1 outing on our roads.

More important would be the aerodynamic stability gained/lost due to this mod
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kittup designs are insanely costly and just doesnt look good as well.. a couple of designs for long back for accent, ikon, etc looked good, but everything after that are fugly, esp swift. A friend who asked them for baleno kit was quoted over 50k which was just not at all worth it.

Ride height can be maintained same as the stock or you can lower it with further lower skirts if you wish to. Romi's car has the same height according to my knowledge as they didnt want to mess it up in indian roads. Why should there be mileage drop, obviously it plays with the aerodynamics, but most kits are aesthetically as well as aerodynamically better styled , if you are copying it from a design of reputed firm like vorstiener, etc . For spoilers, unless you go with hangers , which protrude so much ABOVE the height of the car, it should not affect aerodynamics in any way.
    Anyhow, these stock bumpers, etc go in after lots of crash tests, etc, whose quality you can never expect from a kitted one, but it seldom matters.

First get a good set of alloys sham, you cannot achieve the aesthetic appeal you are expecting without a good set of wheels.

AFAIK Team energy from ekm does it, Road and Track from kottayam, Autophyche in mumbai does it. You can see all their works in their respective facebook pages.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah dude.. I really need to get it.
    But I'm waiting for my BS tires to die , so that i can go in with 16" but it just is not dying..
    I still have more than 3.5mm on them and I've already done 34k
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    First of all aesthetic build up will not decrease mileage just for the simple fact you are only doing a body work and not touching the engine. Ride height will be the same until you change the existing suspension set up or change the tire profile. For any car to look good change the existing alloys and tires and give it an upgrade so you could increase the GC and later work on a body kit. Even if the body kit is developed low it will look good. Aerodynamics depends on what kind of kit you choose for your car.

NB:- All show cars and good looking cars have a lowered stance. A car wit a body kit and an high stance will look like a cartoon car.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  10. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Punto-Bodykit1-1of8.jpg Punto-Bodykit1-4of8.jpg

Would you want your beautiful italian to look as if she has been raped... This is a kitup design.
    2 people like this.