1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Body Control Module BCM: Causes for failure

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by shashanknathani, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Recently my offie colleague's Punto had the issue with BCM. it all started with the wipers not working. After all diagnosis which involved replacing wiper motor, blowing fuses, suspected wiring harness to finally the BCM which was the ultimate culprit. My friend had to wait for 9 days for the Thane Fiat dealer to arrange for the replacement. Costed him 22K incl of labour:mad:. Now the car seems to be running like normal whereas my friend has gone slightly bald over the spares handling by Fiat.
  2. Revantk

Revantk

Navi Mumbai
    Hi All,

Is there any way this BCM can be repaired? It seems to be too expensive. When i checked while i was in Ford service center with my friend to collect his car they said that for ford figo its just 7k where as for punto its 21k:confused:. Even my punto has this problem. High beam does not work any more.
  3. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Does anyone came to know the causes for BCM failure
  4. spkunj

spkunj Timido

Delhi
    Failure of the BCM body control module (Body computer)

Me too facing a similar issue,
    Headlight high beam and fog lamp is not working…. Checked all the parts including, Headlamp, Fuse…….. it looks like a failure of the BCM body control module or a body computer.
    Does anyone have a schematic of Grande Punto 1.3 MJ Emotion Pack ……………. It’s difficult to trace the wiring……:confused: please help.

Surendra
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    BCM performs various intelligent features.Follow-me-home headlamps,Auto on/off headlight, To put off fog lamps w/o touching on/off buttons etc.IMHO GP & Linea more intelligent features than Figo so BCM of fiat is costly.
  6. shindec1

shindec1

ahmedabad
    I have facing same problem,High beam and fog lamp not working.
    After checking it is found that BCM had a problem.SA told me to replace it.
    Is there any possibility of repair of BCM?

7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If ECU's can be fixed,i do not see a reason,as to why a BCM cant be.
  8. rakesh kushwaha

rakesh kushwaha Timido

Kothrud, Pune
    Only Front fog lamps are not working in my Linea MJD since a month. I came across this thread and very sad to know the people have suffered this problem caused by 'BCM'.
    Before weekend i had left my car for servicing at Pandit Auto Bavdhan, Pune. Supervisor gave me surprise that fog lamp failure is due to BCM and need a replacement!
    Cost of part is ~9.5 k (But shashanknathani metioned it 21 K in first post :confused: ) Staff at Warranty counter denied me to cover the BCM replacement under extended warranty 2010-April 2014. Explaining me that my Ext warranty is not EUROPA warranty which could have covered this part. I was never knowing if there are two type of ext warranty offers? and Europa offer was not there in Feb 2010.
    Though he dropped an email when i insisted him recheck to fiat customer service. He may return to me with reply by tomorrow. I hate surprises from fiat service :mad:

@shashanknathani you was lucky in the end you got the replacement under warranty cover. please confirm whether you claimed it under regular or europa warranty.
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Rakesh mine was not replaced under extended warranty but was replaced by FIAT as a goodwill gesture.. I had to struggle for around a month. The BCM cost was 18k as mentioned in the bill but that was completely waived off and 3k was labour that was also waived off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Don't take their BS that it is not covered under a specific warranty, if it is covered in one, it should be covered in the other. Ask them to give in written that it is not covered and then contact FIAT.
    1 person likes this.