1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BNW 1.3 MJD Active..It is my 2nd Baby (3rd Service done @30,700 kms)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ganesh.g1982, Mar 30, 2012.

1. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I know a TFIan who got the rotter replaced under warranty. Anyway, I will visit the new Fiat SC in our place on Wednesday to show the problem. The current SC openly told that they can't do the replacement as they don't have the part and it will take long time for them to get it. They are telling these excuses because they have the contract with FIAT till this March2013. They are not caring the FIAT customers now. CRM talked to me today and showed their non interest, what else we need. I need to switch to the new SC and see what will happen.

I am not finding the leak from oil sump now for more than 2 weeks now. But if it happens, I will show it asap to the new SC.

Thanks for your comments.
  2. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dropped the car at Mohandas Motors today at 10.00am, They said the breaking sound can be fixed by polishing the rotor on lathe and then replacing the break pad. They will check whether the existing break pad need to be replaced or not. I asked how many kilometers more it will run if the roter is polished and they told 60,000- 80,000. Pls share thoughts.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I assume by now they would've skimmed the rotor and installed new pads?

Also, 60-80K is very optimistic to say the least.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    So typical of TASC to have not done the oil sump work properly and ended up in you or your car visiting them multiple times inconveniencing a customer.

Do the RIGHT thing the FIRST time is a golden rule to avoid one's own work and to ensure a happy customer.
  6. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I talked to FIAT/TATA area manager today about the issues I was facing primarily with the break. He told rotors cannot be replaced under warranty as it is a wear&tear component. So they have polished the rotors and replaced the break pads. Break looks working fine for me now, there is no sound while breaking, but I think the efficiency cannot be identified properly until going for a long journey.

You mean now my rotors run more than 80K if I maintain it properly from now onwards?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, I agree, they could have done it in the first hand itself rather than wasting our time for following up for each and every things.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Cost for fixing the break noise issue: (In the order Sl No, PartNo/Job Code, Type, Qty, Rate, VAT(13.5%) and Amount)

1 0059116719 BREAK PAD SET PAID 1 2898.68 391.32 2898.68
    2 OTFIT FITMENT CHARGES ROTOR POLISH PAID 1 800.00 0.0 800.00
    3 OTFIT FITMENT CHARGES BRAKE PAD RENEWED PAID 1 120.00 0.00 120.00
    4 331030 REMOVE AND INSTALL BREAKDISC(EACH SIDE) PAID 2 0.00 0.00 300.00

Total with Service Tax(12%), Edu Cess(2%), S&HE Cess(1%), 4660.79, rounded to Rs.4661.00.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Dude, A pair of new rotors are 1900 something. You could have gone for new ones and have peace of mind instead of all this Skimming drama for 800 and then compromising on the braking performance.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  8. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes VJ, thats true. I checked with SA and he said it was around 1900. I actually checked the price for rotor in the SC where I had done the 3rd service, and they told it was around 5000, and hence I did not again the price at the new SC and silently agreed for polishing the rotor this time. It was a miss. Anyway I will looking for a replacement not too late.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Labor charges or fittment charges for Brake Pads & Discs are very reasonable at Trivandrum at Rs. 120+300 = Rs. 420/-
  10. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ganesh,

Did you Ring Light was changed in Warranty , please update. I have similar problem in my GP 2012.

Thanks