1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bluetooth audio streaming via USB interface

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by tarunactivity, Oct 4, 2015.

1. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Has anyone tried these devices for bluetooth audio streaming over the USB interface?

I was looking for a solution to support streaming of bluetooth audio over the USB interface ( rather than using BT + 3.5mm Aux), and found a few products online that support the same .

Link : http://www.amazon.in/BLUETOOTH-RECE..._1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1443943472&sr=1-1

+ Supports A2DP streaming over the usb interface
    - Reports of lag, and streaming issues with files having bitratse > 256kbps
  2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @tarunactivity , I have tried two such devices last year . One was by MI : http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00JX9RF5M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 and the other was by pagaria :
    http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00HHRZEDW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00.
    None of them was recognised by the Punto BnM USB port . It paired with the phone but the Media Player failed to recognize the device . Mine is a 2010 Punto 90 hp.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2015 ---
    i guess you can put up a question to the dealer and confirm if they have tested the specific stuff in Punto and if they would accept the return if it doesnt work.
  3. ashisharmy

ashisharmy Timido

Bangalore
    I bought the same item from Paytm. For Rs 396. As per the instructions the USB device should blink rapidly once it is plugged and then we should attempt to connect to it using bluetooth. When I plugged it in, there was no blinking, only a steady light. I removed the key but the light was still steady. Looks like the blue and me module is still powered on despite the key not being in the ignition. I tried to search for it using bluetooth, it displayed the device but my phone could not connect to it even after trying numerous times. So as far as I know, the USB streaming device doesn't work. AM updating my blue and me so will re-attempt again after I update it.
  4. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks folks . Have you tried the same on a PC ?
    This should help figure out the capabilities/quality of the device.
  5. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Finally I had a luck with Bluetooth Streaming with Blue&Me :). I was able to stream music from my iphone to Blue&Me without much hassle

1. Autoplay functionality is somewhat not happy with this device. Sometimes it complains with message 'Bad Media' when key is turned on. Workaround is go to Media Player settings and select the track named 'BT Music' and you are all set if your device is already connected to it
    2. Forwards/Backward functionality is working from iphone as well as from Steering mounted controls
    3. There is a bit delay while switching tracks. But not a majot issue for me

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00W9MVGHI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

upload_2015-10-20_20-35-52.png
  6. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @ViPr . Would you be able to do a quick video review of the same?
    Also, what type/quality of music files were you playing ?
  7. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Assuming that you have the Emotion variant, what happens if a call comes? Are you able to pick it up ? I think, its not possible as the phone's bluetooth would be paired to either this bluetooth USB stick or blue & me.
  9. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Bluetooth devices/Phones can pair with different devices for each profile.
    eg. Blue and me for calls (handsfree) and a Bluetooth speaker for music (a2dp)
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @tarunactivity Here you go. I have recorded a small video for the demo of this device. I played MP3 files which I had on my mobile. I guess files what I played here were of the quality 128/320 Kbps(not sure though). But definitely audio quality was good.

@Turbothinghy I am yet to test that. Ideally, it should work since my iphone was connected to Bluetooth and this device simultaneously, and in the event of an incoming call, Blue&Me is going to just suppress this USB port so the calling should work the way it was earlier. However I can verify this for you :)

@avithe1 , the audio quality was definitely good. Sorry the Audio wasn't recorded properly in my video :(
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Turbothinghy likes this.