Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by prashantgupta84, Mar 17, 2012.
Congratulations on your new ride.......
Love the colour.. i would have chosen this over E.red
Very nice color...looks too sexy on Punto. This is only FIAT can do to make such colors. There are blue on Ritz, i10 and other cars, but none has road presence...enjoy and safe driving!!
I love the i20 blue...
OB color looks fabulous
Congrats Buddy... Nice color... Lucky person ur... Having a long drive immediately after delivery... Hmmm
Congratulations!!!! Happy Motoring!!!! This Blue is beautiful for SURE, like it bette than electric blue.
Fantastic colour and congrats on your beauty.
Wanted to delete this post...but dont know how..mods can help...
Mods Note - Please use "Report Post Feature" for any moderation help.
2000 Km update
5 Weeks 2000km Update
Its my first review so please spare me
Mods please update the thread to 5 Weeks,2000 Km update
It has been 5 weeks full of action with my Punto.
- Had a tyre puncture as i stated in one of the threads. There was a hole in the sidewall of the tyre. Someone must have deflated the tyre and i noticed it after 14 kms of driving :-( when someone pointed out. Went to the local street shop. He said i have to put a tube in the tyre , so went with the JK tyre tube.
Went to MRF tyre shop and swapped the alloys. Will now be using this tyre as a spare tyre :-(.
- Had a medium size dent in the back door (Boot) due to my mistake. There was a truck parked and i couldnt judge the distance and banged it. Thnkfully there were very few scratched.
- The bonnet was not opening. So went to Tata ASS in Jaipur. Was surprised to see their service. They promptly attended the problem. The mechanic after fiddling with the switch and and wire told me that the wire has to be replaced, I said do it as it was in warranty. The whole process took 90 min., but he did the job very neatly.
-One of the mechanic approached me and said he can help me in removing the dent. He said why go to the dent shop and waste money. He opened the plastic behind the door and inserted a wooden block and pushed the dent outwards. Almost 80% of the dent was removed, I was over the moon. Paid Rs 50-50 to both they were very happy.
- although i stay in Delhi planning to get my car serviced from there.
-Met 2 people there one had punto and othe Linea. Both were at praises for the car. They said its the best car and they had no problem with ASS. The person with Punto also has a swift but he prefers to use Punto for Long drives.
My 2 cents about the Car
Ride and handling
- The car is a gem to drive on Highways. Already had 2 Delhi-Jaipur trips and absolutely waiting to get my hands dirty for the next trip. The car is very stable, solid and has a great road presence. Although I find the car to be a bit sluggish at low speeds and gears, but once it gains momentum no one can beat it, it is a sif the car says comeon drive me fast "I am lovin it".
- In city i find the 3rd gear to be non existent, no repponse whatsoever. Have now got used to the car, so having less problem now.
Kitna deti hai:
- highways : my last trip total distance travelled 590 kms, Average: 18.2 kmpl, 20% city, 80% highway
Delhi to Jaipur: 275.5 km , average: 19.3Kmpl. was driving sedately between 70-100 Kmpl mostly 80 though.
Jaipur to delhi: 265 Km, average: 18.8 Kmpl. though of hitting the floor and reached 130 K mark couple of times, speed was between 70-110K.
-City: was very disappointing in the beginning when i was getting only 12kmpl. The one feature with i absolutely love is the instant mileage indicator. This gives the flexibilty to try out different combination for achieving the best mileage. My daily commute to and fro office is 40 Km. initially used to got 12-13 Kmpl, then 13-14, and best was 15.5 kmpl in delhi bumper to bumper traffic. overall i get 12-15 kmpl depending on trraffic.
-One thing i noticed is the car can give amazing mileage at low speeds of 40-60 km...of about 18-20kmpl
Other points about the car:
1. The interiors are not that bad as pointed out by some. In fact they grow on you with time. I have no problem with the interiors.
2.Blue & me is awesome.
3.The seat comfort is excellent. The back support is good. And one dosent feel tired after long drives.
4.Blue color is very difficult to maintain. already there are small scratches visible. But once cleaned the car looks awesome.
5.Absolutely a beauty. can stare at my care for hours. My wife says i have gone mad from the day the car has arrived. Can drive the car for hrs just need a reason to drive it
6. Boot is very useful and big.
7. The slotting of gears is not smooth, especially 5th gear, have to make an effort.
8.A/C is a chiller and cools the car quickly.....
Got some accessories for my car
1. Sunfilm : Global emerald 70%VLT for front and Global Ruby 50%VLT sides and back. The vendor says they are anti glare and have >60 heat reduction. went there to get Llumar, Vkool , he convinced me to get global.... The shopkeeper is known at my inlaws side.
Although i am not that satisfied with the work. There are some bubbles not visible directly and small scrathes on film. the person who fitted it said "Sir ap Rajasthan mein hai, itni dust hoti hai tode dust particles aa jate hai, kuch nahi hoga". anyways have to live with it..
2. shoulder Pad : Original Ed hardy Tiger shoulder pad
3. Seat cover: have ordered for Autoform U-Cheer Art leather slim fit car seat covers in Black with silver lining.
4. reverse parking sensors : RD brand.....decided to fit it the day i banged my car
5. Have ordered for neck pillow in fabric
dealer quoted me:
Sunfilm= Rs4400 (front)+Rs4000 sides and back
Shoulder pad= Rs1100
Total= Rs 11500
I paid total of Rs 10200 and he gave me a car perfume of concept brand worth Rs200 for free
1. Front Armrest : have seen some on ebay for Rs1000......need some advice, most of them are saying it will not fit..
Coido Black Universal Big Car Arm Rest Multi Console Box Hand Rest | eBay
2.Exaust tip: again from ebay
attaching a pic of the Big Bro of Punto Maserati........saw one in Delhi it was in front of my car...poor fellow got stuck in traffic. The pic also shows the mileage of 18.8kmpl.
I absolutely love my mini maserati and love is growing day by day. Its a true gem.
Separate names with a comma.