1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me Struggle

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by Raj_pol, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    So here goes - Consider the most pathetically dumb person that you have ever met. Now multiply it by a 100. That is yours truly.

I simple cannot understand the blue & me system in my new EVO (Odin). So here are the problems:

1. Blue & me has a real difficulty in understanding me. Most of the times I cannot get it to work.

2. Browsing folders- For the life of me I cannot figure how to browse between folders in an usb pen drive.

Can someone help me with respect to point 2. Just give me a step by step introduction from the time I switch my engine and I switch on the audio system to how to browse the different folders (manually and play the songs). I read through many guides but it did not seem to work and honestly I have given up.

Songs play but they are always in random mode and it is difficult when I want to go to a particular folder and select a particular song.
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    You have a PM.

Check it out.
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Replied. I would not have posted without reading the instructions and I am miffed because for the life of me could not figure the same.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    To start with let me give a simple path to reach your folder. Assuming you know the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel.
    Main>Up Arrow key twice will show Media player>OK>USB>OK>Folders (scroll & Select)>Ok

Preferably switch the HU off and try the above. Once folder is selected switch HU On. Try and let us know if this works.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur Thanks I was checking in MID when I should be checking in HU. Seems to be working though I have more doubts. Not very intuitive at all.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur As I tried your suggestion, I am able to browse upto folder level. However the names of the folders do not seem to come accurately in the display.

E.g. I have three folders in my pen drive

1. Hindi Songs 2. English Favs 3. English Songs 2014

Now when I reach to folders and press ok some strange looking names come up. Once I click on the names though - the song listings are shown correctly.
    So let us say something weird like zou comes. I click ok and then voila I find the hindi songs inside. Am I again missing something? It is not a pain but still.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Raj_pol

Strange that the folder names are not being read correctly. Suggest you to remove the USB, reformat it, copy all the previous stuff again and then use it. Frankly I dont have a clue if this still doesnt solve the problem.