1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&me Stopped working..

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by Flemenco-Red, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Hello guys...

I own Fiat Linea MJD Emothion Pack 2011 model. Blue&me stopped working all of a sudden few days ago. Has anyone faced the same problem and could you suggest the next steps pls.

PS: Have already spoken to Fiat guys and they say it needs to be replaced and would cost around 35K. Hopeless
    :evil::evil::evil:!!!!!

Thanks & Regards
    Flemenco
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did they give any reason why it stopped working? Can extended warranty cover this?
  3. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    35K looks too high....:shocked

Did you try remove the battery & replace it again ? I have heard in other forums that this normally solves the problem...Or try charging your battery & fit in.

I own the same variant but in Punto...Mine stopped working few months back....Check with the service guy & said it will not be covered under warranty & it will cost Rs 12K...With nothing else to loose, I raised a complaint to FIAT India CRM. Got a call back saying that it will not be covered as part of warranty as the car was more than two years old.

So, go ahead & give a try by calling FIAT India CRM...
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Paying 35k for blue & me! :shocked. One can get a good after market ICE set up for the same amount with leaps and bounds improvement in audio quality. Only flip side would be nonfunctional steering buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The steering controls can very much be retained by installing a Connects 2 Steering adapter.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Have read about the connectors. Are they available easily? Are local after market folks capable of installing the same?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  7. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes..they are...When I upgraded my HU, the installer was ready to get one, but I declined as I had to spend more on dampening & amplifier.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I strongly suggest against you removing B&me box completely, rather do the below DYI:
    > Remove the connection of B&me (After disconnecting the Battery) and spray a little quantity of WD-40 and use a soft tissue/White waste cloth and gently clean the connectors, allow the WD40 to dry completely by keeping it outside for some time and re connect.
    > Or try to download your current version of B&me from the website and try re installing.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    1 person likes this.
  10. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    Anup, Can you provide a pic of where exactly B&M can be found after removing the battery ?