1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me Software Version update & All other queries

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by VahanPujari, May 14, 2010.

1. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Anyone using IPOD classic to play the music!!! As said in the previous post. I need to know if I can play the playlist from IPOD when i connect through USB?

Please help!!
  2. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hey Everyone

I would like to know can we install blue & me adapter in punto Evo Active.is that possible does it works with active variant? I got some good deal blue and me adapter costs 5.2k after importingits like 6.8k so I'm thinking to get install one if possible.

Thanks in Advance

Mod Note: Post Merged with the Blue n Me thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Harsha,

From what I read, integration of B&M in active variant is not possible. Related thread attached below for reference.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/how-to-install-blue-me-afterwards.6741/

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Wont you have to change the steering as well to use B & Me, even if you are able to install the adapter.

Better go for Tantra Fluke handsfree bluetooth kit (which should cost somewhere around 1.5k-2k) and you would be able to play music through bluetooth (that B & Me isnt capable of) and you can take calls as well from it. Few of my friends use it daily and havent faced any problem as of yet.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. Supreeth

Supreeth Timido

Mandya
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys just bought used fiat Punto 1.3 emotion 2009 diesel in Banglore, i am facing problem with blue and me
    1.two buttons are not working in steering( phone key and windows key),
    2. Odometer blinking
    3. Radio showing aux
    4. Blue and me not detecting USB
    Please help me
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hi, Please remove your battery's negative and reconnect after 2 mins. If this didn't help, check the connections of blue&me unit inside the glove box compartment.
  7. Supreeth

Supreeth Timido

Mandya
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you soo much pdydeva, Sir I removed battery negative connection for 15 minutes,, nothing changed,, will try to see connection of blue n me and will update u the results,,
  8. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Successfully Updated - v 9.0 for Linea 2011 (Dec) Model

Like everyone else I was also getting: (CONFIG. ERROR) with 5.5 & 5.6 both using multiple pen drives.

My BMconf.xml looked like this:

------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <BlueAndMeInfo>
    <CarType></CarType>
    <Configuration>97FC0*</Configuration>
    <BDaddr>49693_20_2352</BDaddr>
    </BlueAndMeInfo>
    ------------------------------------

After lot of research I've made simple change in the xml file and inserted vehicle name for <CarType> property.

<CarType>Linea</CarType>

and uploaded the file on http://www.blueandme.net site....well well surprisingly I got V.9.0 update for Linea :p

I copied the update content on 2 pen drives (USBs) again
    1. Moserbaer 8GB - It failed while installing.
    2. SanDisk 4GB - It worked :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

In entire process I have not deleted user data or removed battery -ve terminal*

So I would suggest, use USB stick with less than 4GB size and make the necessary change in XML file, if the car type value is blank.

Hope this helps.

Reg,

~NK
    linea4me and PradeepM like this.
  9. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Following to my post #618

Its almost a week now with V.9.0 - and experience some improvements.

1. Steering Mounted Track Change up button is now working fine, earlier this button used change the source due to some malfunction.

upload_2017-1-9_16-18-39.png

2. Bluetooth connectivity seems improved, voice recognition is prompt

3. Bluetooth call audio quality is also good now, I had many issues earlier with this.

Will share more once get to know more ;-)

~NK
    carl_jhonson likes this.
  10. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    @Nikhil Kalantre , thanks for the tips it saved my day. Updated my Blue and Me (2013 Release, not sure of version) to V.9.0 today through the hack to BMconf.xml, however towards the end I didn't get the update complete message after it displayed installing. Waited more than 30 mins and as it din't show up I switched off the key, pulled out the USB, turned ON the key, checked the functionalities and everything is fine, I suppose the installation succeeded, except that it didn't display the completion message.

The Image ID is now shown as 4044p, if possible can you cross check this with yours so I can confirm that mine is running V9.0?
    Nikhil Kalantre likes this.