1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me Software Version update & All other queries

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by VahanPujari, May 14, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You can try updating software.
    If it completes within 5-10 secs your car already had latest software.
  2. lightinin95

lightinin95

Vadodara
    Hello Paddle Shifter, Amit,

The upgrade worked like clockwork - to the T. My N8 is connected and contacts updated automatically.
    THANKYOU. :clap

Cheers, Sam
  3. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Hi Sameer,

Do we need to transfer 6 files to the USB stick or we need to also unzip the three zip files ?

How did you do it ?

I tried to unzip three zip files out of the 6 also along with the other files and uploaded on the USB Stick and tried to follow the procedure mentioned. But as soon as I install the USB stick in Vehicle OFF mode and move the key to MAR position, it shows CONFIG ERROR.

Please explain.

Cheers, Anand.
  4. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    :A It shows "CONFIG ERROR" everytime. I do not understand why? :A
  5. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Just now I carried out the procedure as mentioned.

While the female Voice said "Update Started", then it immediately said "Update Error" followed by "Please check the contents in the USB device" and disconnected. What could be the reason?

Now, while the phone gets paired, it does not show the pass code on the display ( although I can enter the pass code based on the verbal instructions ) and neither the Telephone number ( while receiving or dialing ).

What do I do? I feel helpless. :(

Please help.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    anrad, if you are getting update error there can be two reasons:

- Your software does not need update.
    - You are jumping version number e.g. 5.1 to 5.5. This can be eliminated only if subsequent updates are done in order.
    For MID not showing, try deleting user data from settings and pair the phone again.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Kaps and Anrad- I believe 5.5 can be updated directly whether you have 5.3 or 5.1 or 4.xx (I am not sure).
    Looks like you are doing some mistake in preparing the pen drive.

Just unzip the contents of the blue&Me ver5.5.1.3 you downloaded from here:
    http://www.blueandme.net/resources/down ... Me_5.5.zip

Now copy the following files (these are all the files you unzip from the folder) in the pendrive having FAT32 file system and start update.
    [attachment=0:eek:hkxvzyo]Blue and Me 5.5.jpg[/attachment:eek:hkxvzyo]

Blue and Me 5.5.jpg
  8. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Thanks Paddle Shifter & Kaps.

I have followed all the procedures for uploading the updates onto the USB Stick and the Car as mentioned in the FIAT Website but the problem still persists.

I did copy all the 6 files as mentioned onto the USB Stick...inserted the same in the USB dock in the Car when the Car is in Stop Position...moved the Key to MAR position and switched on the RADIO...the Female Voice comes on stating Update in Progress...followed by Update Error...followed by " Please check the contents on the USB Stick"..

As far as the Display's not coming on while Pairing and also the Telephone numbers, do I need to say "Delete user data" or I say "Delete All" ?

If the problem still persists, then what do I do?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @anrad73 You need to copy all 7 files into USB stick. Try updating from another Stick
    For other problem you can try restarting Blue N Me by disconnecting -ve terminal from battery for some time.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    If there is confusion about voice commands, you can access the menu through steering controls. Media Player>Settings>User Data>delete. If this does not succeed, reset the system by disconnecting negative terminal of battery for about 10 mins.

I am no expert, but seems the files downloaded by you have become corrupted. That could be the reason for update to abort midway. Try downloading once again and transfer on a clean USB.