1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&Me SMS Reader with Android OS

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by rahulmr, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Blue and ME related queries :

SMS Reader function: Tried many apps from android market, couldn't get any one of them working on my Blue and Me <I use a Droid 2.3>
    Phone works like a charm, however sync always says couldn't find device whenever i go out and come back in to the car. it takes a while to get them in sync.

One doubt: Could never succeed in streaming music wirelessly with blue and me, would that work any ways to tweak it and make it happen.

My Blue and Me once gave up on me and went totally dead, i took it to concord they said they upgraded the software and fixed it. I guess they just removed and re-connected the battery again.

Any thoughts??
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

SMS Reader works in a few select phones only. Earlier it used to work in Sony Ericksson phones.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Message reader works sporadically even with my Windows Mango Phone (Samsung Omnia W). Here is the pattern, as I have noticed:

1. The phone has in-built message reader
    2. When a message arrives, the phone's app takes over and prompts "New message. You can say 'Read it' or Ignore'.
    3. When I say read it, it reads the message and then prompts - 'You can say reply, call or I'm done' and takes appropriate action based on your response
    4. B&M's message reader does nothing during the entire period
    5. If I happen to get a message during a call, then the phone's message reader does nothing
    6. In this case, B&M's lady (Lina???) takes over
    7. The MID displays 'Unknown Number'
    8. Lina prompts - 'New message. Read it now?'
    9. Accepts 'Yes' or 'No' for a response and acts accordingly

4. So looks like you have some luck with windows phone...

Does any one have the list of the phones supported?
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thats general blue and me download page based on car and generation.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I was wondering if we can do something to make watsapp messages readable by blue and me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Too much of expectation Shashank :p if that happens by chance, you will be tired of saying YES/NO.
    You are screwed if it happens to be a dirty joke and you are travelling with a family and you answered YES, not to the message but to someone sametime :evilsmile
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Rofl... agreed if the system is designed by microsoft.. why can't google come up with something for automobiles

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk