1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&Me SMS Reader with Android OS

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by rahulmr, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Anyone out there able to test Mesage options with any android phones.
    i was not able to get that working in my android phone.i cannot see the messages being read by the blue and me ....
    mine in htc nexus one and I am able to make the calls successfully but not the messages :(
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We all know that there is a SMS Reader app in Microsoft Blue&Me but perhaps it is the most under developed technology in our cars as there is no effort from Microsoft or FIAT to make it work with most newer phones.

As per reports, the SMS Reader works with certain older Sony Erricsons, Motorolas besides some rare Nokias. Someone on the net has reported that some newer Microsoft 7 os phones are also supporting SMS Reader.

Recently, I started looking for alternatives and found this useful link at FIAT Forums UK.

Instructions: get iPhone txt message reading working via Blue & Me! It works! - The FIAT Forum

Can some similar android app from the market work in the same way as irealsms works for the iPhone. If we can get something like this working, that would be awesome. I am testing a few apps right now, e.g.

https://market.android.com/details?id=de.braunandroid.smsreader
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.adroitdevelopers.smsreader
    https://market.android.com/details?...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmRyaXZlc2FmZS5seSJd
    DriveSafe.lyâ„¢ Free SMS Reader: Worth it for those who travel a lot! - Android Forums
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    It doesn't work for my blackberry as well. Any idea if there is a workaround for this as well?
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    SMS reader works sometimes with my Samsung Wave S8500 with Bada OS. Weird!
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Any results on this testing??
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Negative. No joy.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    There has to be an app out there somewhere on play store or something. I can't believe my new S3 is not able to work with the message reader. Has anybody found anything?
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    And I thought it was only me. The SMS were ok with my old Sony Ericson phone but the Blue & Me couldn't read it from my HTC One V. Don't know if its one step forward or two steps backward.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Something weird just happened with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Blue & Me.
    I sent a MP3 file from S3 to Blue & Me and to my surprise it went through successfully. However, what does this mean? Where did the file go as Blue & Me has no storage but the phone wouldn't confirm a successful transfer unless it was actually received on the other end.