1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me - Quirks

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by johnny, Jul 1, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Sony Erickson's.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Captain slow, you need to upgrade your Blue&Me software version to 5.5.1.3. Older softwares had this bug leading to those symptoms experienced by you.
    If any system is running older version of Blue&Me (e.g. 5.4.X.X), then it would not be of any help as the Media will always play on turning on the ignition.
    The solution is to upgrade to the version 5.5.1.3 (not 5.5.1.1 that leads to ODO blinking problem).
    Download it here:
    http://www.blueandme.net/resources/down ... Me_5.5.zip

http://www.blueandme.net/resources/Comp ... pesata.pdf

Sony Ericsson phones offer the best compatibility. SE W880i is a basic phone though but offers one of the best compatibility with Blue&Me. Only thing is that it can't play user defined ringtone through Blue&Me system.

Guys see how advanced your car is (comparing Linea Emotion Pack with Audi A4):

See Audi A4's Driver infotainment system. Every feature, even Auto check control is present in Linea. See here:
    http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/tools/ ... owser.html

Bluetooth car phone (remote SIM access) is present just like in Audi:
    http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/tools/ ... owser.html
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Blue N Me doesn't have remote SIM access profile.
    Remote Sim Access profile means that SIM is directly read by Bluetooth system. It is like a separate mobile phone which receive it's own signal not from mobile phone. It justs reads SIM reader of Mobile phone everything else like call, message is controlled by Bluetooth system.
    Blue N Me depends upon Mobile phone for making receiving calls
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Not the Xperia Series atleast...
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :sadblue Lost one exciting feature.
    Anyways, even AudiWale need to switch on their phone's Bluetooth every time :dancing so it is "virtually" same as Blue&Me.
  6. Everytime I turn the Bluetooth 'on' on my phone before getting into the car, Blue & Me works fine and connects automatically. But whenever, I start the car and then turn the Bluetooth on my phone on, Blue & Me takes considerable time to connect or sometimes would not connect at all.

Has anyone experienced the same? Any solutions?
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Blue and Me Ver 7.0 Coming soon ... it would have better speech recognition for indian accent as well as will have better compatibility with phones, and people having phones with GPS would be able to connect it to Blue and me as currently the NAV+ gets connected. Selective phones would also be able play media from phone directly via bluetooth too :)
    Will share further details later ...
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Seems this depends on the phone. I had Nokia 6265 earlier. It used to connect irrespective whether Bluetooth is enabled before starting the car or after.

I now have BlackBerry 8530. If I start the car & thereafter turn on the bluetooth on phone, sometimes it never connects & I have press phone button on steering to connect. Couple of times incoming phone call is received, I tried to pick it thro steering, it did not work. So, I picked it from phone itself & was surprised that it was not connected. But this happened rarely. Else it connects usually.
  9. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    I have a problem in downloading the phonebook to B&M. For downloading the phonebook, i press the phone button on steering and then go to phonebook. When i press OK for downloading option, i hear message that phonebook downloading and after that my phone get disconnected.

I am not sure i am doing it correctly. Pls. suggest the right way to download the phonebook. Thanks
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Again it depends on Phone. If your handset is Push phone (and not a pull phone), you'll have to transfer the phonebook from the phone. Go to phonebook / contacts setting in your handset, select all contacts & choose send it via bluetooth to Blue & Me.