1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me - Quirks

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by johnny, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    YEa as Chaos stated send the number thru B&M
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,

I had started this thread when my media player had reverted to 'loop' play. At that time I thought that my young nephew had messed up the settings.

Well, it happened to me again. This time I am fairly sure how it happened. I had bought a new mobile phone and did the pairing with B&M. The pairing went off without any hitch, and I am very sure about what selections I made. After pairing the phone when I was driving I found that the music from my USB stick was in 'loop' play mode.

Since I knew what to do, I reverted the setting after stopping the car: 'menu' > 'settings' > 'media player' > 'repeat OFF'. So now it is back to normal.

In my opinion, this appears to be a bug which occurs during new 'pairing' of mobile phone. In fact, when I look back, I had redone the phone pairing the previous time as well.

Other Fiateers with B&M could check this out, and if it happens, then it is a bug which could be documented.

Johnny
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Its actually not a bug. The default option seems to be "loop" which I also noticed several times while deleting user data/ pairing & re-pairing the phone. Its like the default option in ACC is fresh air instead of recirculation mode (everytime you put on the AC, you got to put it on recirculation mode)
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi VahanPujari,

I wonder if "loop" is the default option. The default option is the way the system will behave when it is put on, like the AC switches on in fresh air mode.

In B&M when you first connect the USB stick, it plays the content in a random order (shuffle). As I see it, this should be the default mode. The reversion to loop is taking place only when another action is done. In my case it was pairing of a new mobile.

Johnny
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Johnny, I've also noticed the same thing. Media Player has a strong "tendency" to go in to loop mode. If finds excuses to turn it on. ::V

In case of AC recirculation on/off, I guess Fiat thought of it as a safety feature to turn recirculation off every time.

But, it is of no use to turn Loop On everytime a person starts his car. That would be annoying because one has to press a lot of buttons to turn it off. (Voice command has not worked for "Loop Off" in my case till now. I've been successful in "Loop On" by voice command)
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Hold on !! There is some confusion. For "loop ON" when I said default, it does not mean everytime you start the car, the loop will turn ON. By default I meant everytime the another phone is paired 1st time or when you delete all user data & pairing & again pair it as a fresh, by default "loop" will be ON. Once you turn it off, it remains off as long as you use the same phone & same pairing.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I understood that's why I just said that it has a "tendency" to turn "loop On". Otherwise, we would be finding it hard to turn it off at every car start. ::V
  8. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    I am facing a peculiar problem with Blue and Me when I try to use the Voice activated Dialling.

For eg. If I have more than 5 names starting with Sunil and I decide to voice activate for calling the 5th Sunil in the list, then the B&M lady selects the first name only and this has happened to me more than once :A I then have to revert to my handset and dial up from there.

Has anyone faced a similar kind of problem?

Do we need to store the names starting with Surnames first to overcome this issue, if its an issue at all? What is the solution ?
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually, the Blue&Me lady is a blonde. You have to give her some margin for error such as these.

There is no other option. If you have more than one contact with same name, try to add surname to them so that the Blue&Me lady can select them with ease. ::V

Hope this helps.
  10. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Are the latest HTC Smart Phones compatible with Blue & Me ?