1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me - Quirks

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by johnny, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

5233 & 5230 they both are same. But 5233 is without 3G. thats it. Rest everything is same. Also the software.

If Gmittal's suggestion does not work. Run a update of the B&M software. If still that does NOT solve, then get your firmware updated at a NOKIA SC. Its free (under warranty).
  2. I have seen that the bluetooth connection gets terminated when I try to update the phonebook via B&MSettings->User Data->Add contacts. I get a message from the lovely lady that 'you need to use your phone for transferring the contacts' and dutifully closes the connection.
    Chaos since you own the same model, how did you transfer contacts from the phone to B&M?
    I will try out the updates to B&M and the phone once i explore all options :)
  3. Try updating your Blue & ME Firmware, it might be a compatability issue.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i dont think it should be a problem.. Just update the B&M it should be fine.. Or if it still doesnt work try using another BT fone and sync it with yor B&M and if u face the same issue then disconnecting teh -ve battery terminal may do the trick...
  5. Well I did not do any upgrade. For the time being, I am content with pairing the phone every time I sit in the car.Takes 10 secs :)
    By the way i tried using my classic Ipod (brought back in 2005) with B&M today. A few things I noticed
    - The co passenger has no control over the ipod. The songs can be selected only from the steering mounted controls. Any way around this?
    - the playlist in my ipod cannot be accessed from B&M
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yes. Because B&M connects old iPod as a storage device. Do not update B&M else it stops connecting IPod's this way & you'll have to spend on adapater to do it.

I suggest following:

• Delete pairing feom your mobile. Delete All B&M related data from your mobile[/*:m:31rgzpsi]
    • Delete All User data from B&M thro' steering controls-> settings[/*:m:31rgzpsi]
    • Disconnect battery for 15 minutes. [/*:m:31rgzpsi]
    • Reconnect it & pair your cell with B&M again[/*:m:31rgzpsi]

This should work
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does anyone on this forum use a Palm Centro??

I use one (It is a very good PDA phone with multimedia capabilities). It is supported by B&M, and I have paired it successfully. I have not been able to transfer the phone book so far. So incoming calls are no problem; dialling out needs effort.

Will appreciate any inputs on how to transfer the phonebook.

Johnny
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

send the phone numbers via bluetooth to B&M.
    But first activate the phonebook accepting mode on the B&M via the settings..
  9. Johnny, as per the Blue & ME help, your phone supports both complete copy as well as contact by contact copy. Here is the details of functions comaptible with your phone http://www.fiat.com/FIAT_ITALIA/tech/Palm/Centro/start_E.htm

If you want to completely copy the contact list, you would have to delete the user data and repair. While repairing the lovely lady will ask you about copying the phone data or user data, say yes to that.
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @arishi & @chaos, thanks for your inputs.

Will try it out, & revert back to you if successful.

Johnny