1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me - Quirks

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by johnny, Jul 1, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Long press on the Phone button within the steering mounted controls should do the trick.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Nokia 7210 Supernova shares an excellent feature in phonebook with my Linea's Blue&Me: when I pair the phone, my Linea's Blue&Me prompts back asking 'Do you want to copy phonebook?'. If I press the phone button on the steering wheel, the entire phonebook is copied from the phone to Blue&Me. And, any additions and/or deletions made in the contacts of the phone subsequently are automatically updated in Blue&Me's phonebook.

On the contrary, my Nokia N95 - a higher end version as compared to 7210 Supernova - does not have this feature. Even after successful pairing, I have to upload the contacts one-by-one to the phonebook of my Linea's Blue&Me. I should be prepared to hear as many beeps as the number of contacts in the phone! Also, any subsequent additions and deletions are not automatically updated in the phonebook of Blue&Me. I have to remember to manually upload the contact to Blue&Me. If I don't do that and if I receive a call from the new contact, mere number is displayed in the MID. So, today, I switched over to my old favourite Nokia 7210 Supernova after successful pairing!:)
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^^
    Strange.
    It seems blue n me is dedicated to nokia 7210 Supernova only. me too in same shoes she is so good with 7210. But with other phones like nokia C6-01,htc she acts wierd and arrogant.

Not so good solution. It is having hard time disconnecting. once i got worried why music is not being resumed after 30 minutes of driving. i did my best to figure out when i found phone (nokia c6-01)was still engaged ,and had to switch off the car...sigh!!
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Even Nokia 5800 XpressMusic supports copying of entire phonebook in one go and works well overall. Though i'm not sure if B&M updates the contacts automatically from the phone in my case. Will check.
  5. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Does Blue&Me support playing of songs via mobile Phone player after pairing with compatable mobile phone?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    TheDrifter no you cant play music via mobile phone player. I think Blue and Me is not A2DP.
  7. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Are there any new releases of BnM after Version 5.5? I feel BnM needs an update of some new features so that, it is competative with some of the new releases like Ford's system on new Fiesta.... wat say folks?
  8. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    Its SOS call to all B & M users... I am facing quite strange (if not unique) problem... I'm unable to access any settings menu using the steering column button (the same to accept/reject the call). Also While playing songs from my USB I can't advance tracks :( using steering controls... (However changing tuner stations and changing CD tracks works fine)..

if any one has faced this issue please let me know do you have any solution... It seems its a typical MS bug and my car needs a shut down and restart ;)
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Remove the USB stick & reinsert it in the USB slot. Library seems to have gone corrupt. Happens often.
  10. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Not sure if you are still facing this issue. I had a similiar problem. Upgrade to latest version fixed it . 5.6

Refer to the first thread on the forum for details on the downloads