1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & me possible bug with Steering mounted controls freezing

Discussion in 'Technical' started by charan, Aug 8, 2012.

1. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Hi,

I have few questions and I hope someone here can help;

1. I was wondering if anyone has faced this problems with B&M before, Mine is a 2012 MJD Punto and the Voice recognition does not recognize the number '2' I would have pronounced it maybe in all different accents and styles with normal and loud voice but the lady just doesn't understand the number '2' Is this possibly a bug and is there a solution for this??

2. Sometimes the steering mounted controls become unresponsive, then I would have to press it twice or thrice(sometimes) to input the command....Whats up with that, Someone please throw some light!

3. I heard that AUX can be connected through glove box with a 3.5 mm male jack from the music system, my Glove box already has the USB socket and is there a provision to deviate the AUX cable through Glove box??
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with point no.2 it happens with me..
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    This happens with me. As per me following is the most likely reason:
    - Switches/buttons on steerings do not work when the temperature is high. This happens most often when the car is parked for the whole day. Try switching on AC and use button/switch after sometime - it should work. Most likely switches are not designed for Indian heat

I have found that this is the most likely reason for switches not working. Once winter sets in Delhi, I should be able to confirm on the same
  4. Points 1&2 happens for me too :(
  5. For Point #1, For me only the uparrow button (next track) and Mute buttons freeze. Other buttons have no issues. Try Pressing at the Top Sharp corners of the buttons. Nowadays I press the buttons at this spot only (circled area in the below pics), never freezes.

steer_left.jpg steer_Right.jpg

For point 2, I too had this issue. Whenever I say two the B&M dials the number instead of punching in Number 2. Speak TU, it understands.

For Point 3 If your car has B&M (EPk) , then you cannot use the AUX since the B&M is plugged in to the HeadUnit thro AUX.

I have a peculiar issue, when i press the windows button, usually the Blue lady says tell the name or the Number. But sometimes (Only during emergency) she only says tell the number. Even if I speak the name she dosent understand and I have to go pick the number from PhBookand then Dial. After a switch Off ON, she behaves normally.
    2 people like this.
  6. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Yes Srida, same with me too, The up arrow and mute buttons freeze and I have to press again, I'll try doing what you said and hope that solves it.Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Thanks Speed jet but my worry is that if this is a bug that is playing the spoilsport because Bangalore is not hot and in fact its heavily raining now but its happens only with my Up arror/Seek or the mute/cancel buttons, only with the ones on top.
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    actually its not Blue and me its Bug & me :) similar to all microsoft products. but i do accept all cars coming now days with similar concept face this issue.

Charan, while calling numbers it has dialed for me 14 numbers while saying 5 numbers too .. so best use phone dialer or phone book by names.
    As srida said its correct and also dont use like soft touch buttons use it like switch in ur home for some times , then it will set in for you. :)
    Best use fm transmitter if you want to play songs from your mobile its 350 or may be around 500. No AUX here.
    In my car some times my car fm will not take radio in outer city but my mobile phone does :)
  8. kvmoorthy

kvmoorthy

Bangalore
    The steering controls are not that responsive in punto, The trick advised by Srida does help but I have felt the issue is not fixed as after some time the corner touching doesn't help, I have to touch the center of buttons.

Have anyone faced issues with phone book, I am not able to dail numbers via phone book but able to dial via last call details. Initially I was able to perform the both. I use the Samsung Note.

The Blue & Me is buggy to be agreed, but it is not new as even in Cell phones I face these problems.
  9. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Thanks Vijay

The issue is with the number '2' only and I do not know if the problem is similar coz all the other numbers I say is noted and dialed perfectly, anyways my 5k service is coming up soon and let me see if there is any well-qualified engineer(I know i am asking for too much :D) in TASS so that I can get this checked.

Meanwhile the FM transmitter, How does it work, I know that I gotta fix it into the 12v power socket but how do i connect phones to it??

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Hi KVmoorthy, delete the phonebook from car and copy again and see if it works!
    1 person likes this.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet

Fm transmitter is like , your mobile or ipod or usb can be connected to it and will transmit in FM signal , and in HU you need to tune to the FM signal for which station you have set the FM Receiver. there are little advanced FM rx where you can have even remote control to goto next songs.:) Power source is our cigar lighter.

there is another option too jus check your phone supports FM RX , bcoz before some sony / nokia phones had this feature FM RX by default :)