1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me not working (odo blinking) - How to clean the Unit to make it work

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by hello2anand, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I am sharing my recent experience. Last month, while on long haul tour at Vellore, I left driver-side window open during night by mistake in a hotel parking and it rained that night. Next morning, as I took out the car, everything was OK, but while changing FM station or CD track using steering wheel buttons, the payer started behaving weird. It started with B&M voice announcements. I realized that there was water ingress on the controls on steering wheel. I kept the music system OFF. After some time, I started it and it worked well for some time and same problem appeared again. After 2-3 such iterations, as the day's heat acted (probably) on all contacts, the system reverted to normalcy and hasn't shown any problem during past one month.

However, I didn't notice ODO blinking!

The moral - Other than the B&M Unit, the controls on steering and wherever else may also be checked.
  2. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    After my 2nd service at True Sai Salem two weeks back I noticed odo blinking and Blue & me not responding. Couldn't check and correct there as I took special delivery on a Sunday and was returning to Bangalore. I tried the fixes - Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery , Remove and insert fuse #51 . Both of these didn't work. Then I removed the glove box to seperate the Blue&Me unit hoping to follow the process listed in #1 here for cleaning . Noticed that the blue data connector was completely disconnected. Guess the service folks at True sai forgot to connect it when they removed the glove box for some reason. Now after reconnecting Odo blinking has stopped and Blue&me is functional.
    Managed to break a small part in the glove box locking mechanism in the process. But no issues observed.
    KPR likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    MODS: Pl add ODO blinking in the title of the thread.

@ssateesh BTW which car is yours? Isn't it the time to change from Fiat enthusiast? The information may be helpful for other TFI-ans too who face ODO blinking problems. I remember I had ODO blinking in my 90HP evo, then it sorted out on its own and the issue didn't resurface again.
  4. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    2015- Linea T-jet emotion model.

Didn't notice on the title. Will do.

KPR likes this.
  5. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ssateesh what is the firmware version of blue & me in your car? Mine worked after an update to next version. (v5. 6). Since yours is a model after 2011 you can try updating to version 6 and see if it works.
  6. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Mine started to work as I told in my post #32. How do I check the version ?
  7. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ssateesh Great to see yours work. Somehow I missed it. As far as I know, there is no direct way of getting to know the version. But if you insert an USB drive with newer version files an turn the ignition to the first position, if your stock one is old, it will update your blue & me with newer version from the USB and the MID will show a status message.
  8. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    You can update blue n me to version 9. Just check in setting of media player if it shows image id. Version 9 can be installed on 2nd generation blue n me.
  9. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Where do I get a newer version of Blue&me firmware to flash ?
  10. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    ssateesh likes this.