1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me not working (odo blinking) - How to clean the Unit to make it work

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by hello2anand, Feb 28, 2014.

1. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    Asimpleson, I clicked on the warning icon by mistake. Please discard it.

You are right on the points. Thanks to paddleshifter and ghodlur. Would utilize their suggestions in future if any...but hopefully not expecting any more malfunctioning of an electronic components
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    A good share mate, its would surely help a lot.
    As far as the FASS is concern, when it comes to electronics only thing they know is that if its not working, replace it, they have no clues on how to check whats the reason for it. Unless some experiment proves them a way to solve the issue, they will call for replacements. Its very common and thats why sometime diagonsis takes a very long for them , they keep ordering parts keep trying jugads and if works they are done, with no clue about what caused the failure.
  3. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good post! I have started facing the same issue after getting my ac coil changed at fass.i will try the same and update if it works for me.
  4. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @hello2anand Very good finding.

It looks like only contact of B&M with outside world is the blue socket on the board. It does not matter however dirty the board is as long as all the pins in the socket are connecting properly. All the components on the board are soldered. Dust around the solder joints or on the tracks of the board or even components does not matter as long as solder joints are in good condition. In case solder joints have gone bad no amount of cleaning will make it work. Only way to fix the problem is re-soldering those joints. Only if a board has a heat sink you will have to clean the heat sink to avoid it over heating because of dust build up around it. In this case probably cleaning the contacts in the blue socket and putting it back also could have worked. Just another point of view to consider.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. hareendra

hareendra Timido

kollam
    Linea 1.3
    Hi I'm having the same issue. B&m not working. Km reading blinking. I took out the unit, cleaned it with electronic cleaner and replaced it. But it's not working. I think the unit had a water entry, as there were stains of water entry. Can anybody arrange me a working unit?
    I'm from Kollam, Kerala .
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. vikramraj

vikramraj Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lots for the tip, buddy, will immediately try it out on my linea emotion.. i was wondering what to do about blue and me,
    since the service adviser from fiat confirmed that blue an me is gone seeing the odo blinking, with out even diagnosis. i got frustrated talking to the SA, i have a strong confident that electronic circuit just cant fail like that...
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @hello2anand hey, nice to know about that DIY. I know its already way too late, but, areyou still in possession of that blue n me unit?? and would you like to consider it for sale?
    vikramraj likes this.
  9. vikramraj

vikramraj Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hai. Can u whatapp on 9940188803
  10. vikramraj

vikramraj Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry body, i tried cleaning and fitting back blue n me last night, Still the ODO blinking :-(