1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&Me Dead and Odo Flashing after jump start

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by DJ_Turbo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    I had a follow up discussion with one SA and i got the info that, a blue n me unit is available for Rs.5500. Its from an 1.5 yrs old Punto vehicle. And said that, it would fit my vehicle perfectly. Asked for warranty, he said, "even for a brand new unit, there is no warranty and this is a used one".

Not sure, whether to go with it or not?

Brand new one(with no warranty) - Rs.12000
    Used one(1.5yrs old, no warranty) - Rs.5500

Any suggestions on this?

P.S: This used blue n me unit is from some total accident vehicle and so they make most of the remaining parts.
  2. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
  3. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Ohh wow. Weird. No one has any suggestion to make on this. Such is the kind of question i asked!!!

hello2anand! Yep. I'm not a DIY fan. But surely will give a try before i take the leap.
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I'd say ditch Blue & Me and go for an aftermarket HU. You will get much better sound and BT connectivity with it. The option to get an old one at 5500 could be looked at in case you want to keep stock looks, but what's the guarantee this will last the distance? You may be back to square one in case the used one goes kaput.

If I were you, I'd go the aftermarket way. Coming from someone who has the Punto MJD E-pack with Blue & Me for close to 5 years now and a Tjet plus which had the stock HU thrown out and Blue & Me left unused with in the first week of purchasing the car. Strictly my opinion though!
    2 people like this.
  5. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    I take that NK! I'm contemplating on the price of aftermarket HU now. It would certainly cost more than 10K? Isn't it? Correct me if i'm wrong? I'm completely on stock OEMs in car till now. Nothing is changed till now in 2.3yrs Punto.(aah except an addition of reverse parking censors). So, may be my question is naive. But, i've to ask this one.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Nope you can get very decent HUs within 10k. Just run a search on portals like snapdeal.com and you'll find tons of models with BT connectivity with in this budget.