1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&Me Dead and Odo Flashing after jump start

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by DJ_Turbo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Hi folks

Good to be back to posting here (can't find my ownership thread anymore).
    Due to my work commitments, i could not enjoy punto-ing but now I am back and did a 2000 Km drive already. unfortunately the car was not getting used regularly and probably due to that the battery was drained out and my dad had to call RSA for assistance. After the jump start by RSA guys, the odo is flashing and Blue&Me is not working anymore. I checked on various forums about this issue and saw that this is quite a common issue being reports world over. As mentioned there, I removed the negative terminal of battery and connected it back after 10 minutes and it started working. But unfortunately it died again on the same day and even after keeping the negative terminal disconnected for long periods, it is still dead. I can play Tuner, steering control works (except phone and MS button) but can't play USB stick (Media Player).
    I also got the battery checked and it was working fine and no-load, on-crank and charging voltage readings were fine.
    I have given my car to KHT Fiat, Bangalore today and waiting for them to give me some good news.
    Meanwhile, it will be helpful if any fellow member can share any similar experiences with Blue&Me and the resolution with costs.

Cheers
    Dj
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I had a similar situation. You just need a proxy alignment. Visit the nearest FASS for one.
  3. Thanks Driver, I have given the car to KHT FASS this morning and eagerly waiting to get a feedback from them. I have been going through many forums and told all terms like proxy realignment, CANBUS scan etc to SA ;)
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    What's the cost of the proxy alignment ?
  5. I am yet to get any feedback from FASS, I was told that yesterday they were doing other things for 24 months service.
  6. Update:
    I am told that Blue&Me unit has to be replaced and that will cost around 12K :eek:, this part (#59116944) was not in stock and the dealership will check if this can be covered under extended warranty as the unit gone dead after jump start by RSA.
    Odo meter still flashes.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Damn. That's an epic bummer. :|

How was the jump starting done? Properly with cable or the jugaad of connecting a spare battery terminals with screwdrivers/spanners.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The EW manually specifically says that the Music System is not covered, so i think you should prepare yourself to digest the fact. Forget the B&M and get a good After market Headunit for the same price. This will improve the ICE. You can retain the steering controls with Connects2 adapters from what i read.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Is yours one of the initial batch ones? pre 2011?

Because the B&M units then did not have a protective butyl strip on top of it to protect it from AC condensation water from the vents.

Otherwise I see no reason for the B&M to fail. A proxy alignment should do.
  10. The jump start was required twice. First time they used spanner jugaad but the Blue&Me survived this and came alive after that negative terminal method, but next time they placed live battery upside down on top of this dead battery :evil: unfortunately I was not around to stop them from doing so.

Aftermarket ICE is an option, but I don't like to spoil the look and another thing is BT connectivity and it's control with steering control, does the phone button works in that case?

I had that IMAGE ID on B&M and its April 2011 model. Odo still blinks which should have got corrected with proxy alignment. Probably I will visit remaining FASSs in Bangalore. Somehow I wonder if service engineers are trained to troubleshoot B&M because of the puzzled face I get every time I speak about it.

Looks like plans of getting remapping done and speaker upgrade will have to wait. :(