1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue & Me- Contact Name or Number displayed

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by ysapre, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    Has anyone faced this problem with Blue & me-

Issue- I use Blackberry curve 8900 and have all contacts mapped with the Blue & Me. However certain contacts when they call- their name is not displayed, only the number is displayed while for certain contacts name is displayed. I could not figure out the difference in the way the contacts are stored in the handset. Also sometimes dialled numbers are not stored in the last dialled calls.

Does this sound a ring?

Yatin
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Yatin, are the number stored in +91 format or make sure there are not two contacts with same numbers. If these are as it has to be than only Blue & me user can help you further. :).
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Do check if the number stored in B&M is similar to the phone memory & complete. (complete as in +9198xxxxxxx0 or +91224xxxxx0) should be similar to what the network caller id displays.

From my experience, on the MID, if only the number is shown and not the name (even if the name is stored) the contact details sent by the phone to the car are different to the ones stored.

BTW it can also be a compatibility issue with your phone.. (that's what i think) but just delete your data & pairing (in car) and make a fresh pairing and new phone book in car.

Check the contact numbers format in your phone before sending to the car. and don't modify them afterward. Else you will need to delete the phone book in car again.
    In the dialed list only numbers called via the B&M phone book are stored. And there is a limit to those numbers.
  4. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    I have tried comparing the way in which numbers are stored for the ones that behave differently but did not come to any conclusion. They are all stored as +91XXXX but some get displayed as contact name and some as number. The only advantage is that it has helped me to memorize few contact numbers:). Will try to do some more analysis but this is faced by few of my other friends as well in their LINEA.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

try deleting the entire user data and create a fresh pairing with fresh contacts in your B&M..
    hopefully should solve it..
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i had the same issue with my E71.. Deleted the user data completely and then i had to sit and change the format of all the cell phone number stored on my phone to 091 format and after dat its fine now...
    I guess it doesnt recognize the +91 format... I did it and it worked for me....
    Try saving one number initially with the 091 format and then check if works then u need to change all of them to fix it with every contact:)

7. It does recognize +91 foramt. I have all the contacts defined in +91 format on my iPhone, never faced an issue. For E71 It might be due to the firmware version. There were a lot of NOKIA phones which became compatible after the Firmware upgrade.

@Yatin, try upgrading the firmware and see if that helps. I think the Curve 8900 is compatible with Firmware v 4.6.1.133 Check the details here http://www.fiat.com/FIAT_ITALIA/tech/BlackBerry/bb8900/start_E.htm
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arvind it may the firmware.. But my E71 is on with the latest firmware.. I still face issues with my second fone when synced with B&M with certain contacts.. But can live with it now cos dont have the time to change the number formats in every contact...