1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&Me and Cortana

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by AbhijitRC, Sep 21, 2014.

1. AbhijitRC

AbhijitRC Timido

Pune,MH
    I recently got a Lumia 925 and while searching for tips and tricks i came across this one guy telling how to integrate WP8.1 assistant, Cortana, with the B&M system.
    All you need to do is create a contact with "Cortana" as the name and any random phone number(long stream of 0's in my case) and copy this into the B&M phone book.
    Never before has any of my or any phone read out messages in my car but it happened yesterday!! And it even asked me to reply using voice recognition directly!
    I also read Cortana reads out Navigation directions through the B&M system, but i haven't tried that out yet. Maybe in a couple of days!
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To my knowledge all Windows phones reads the message on the car while it is connected with the B&M.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    My Android phone when connected with Blue & Me never read messages. Now I use my old Symbian S60 phone and the Blue & Me reads out messages.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yesterday, I also spent time working with Cortana. It is works way better than Blue&me for calling and sending text. Whenever text message is received, it reads it. Well with WhatApp, text messages are now limited to one credit and rest debit messages. ;-)

Yes , it reads out Navigation directions through Blue&Me system. Simply we have to press windows button on steering and say Call Cortana. Then usual, you can ask Cortana to call, ask for direction, send text. What I observed so far is, you need to be connected to internet to perform these operation. I will re-verify and will post update here.
    mchanna likes this.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    There is no need of cortana in my case.

When I connect my lumia 625 to blue & me, then it ask to read when message is received, directions are through speakers etc.

Windows phone only has that feature as blue and me is also designed by Microsoft.