1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue&Me adapter for iPod & iPhone by Fiat

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by apkathe, Jul 30, 2012.

1. apkathe

apkathe Timido

2. Srini

Srini Regolare

why do you need this?
  3. teky

teky Esperto

It's needed to connect your iPhone/iPod to play music which wouldn't play whilst directly plugged into USB port.

To the OP - I've read recently that the latest version of B&M doesn't require an adapter - Have you checked if the B&M is the latest version in your car? I've the adapter with me, however stopped using it since I upgraded the HU.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

What is your Blue & Me Version? I have updated to 6.0 and I am able to play songs from iPhone while connected to USB port. Playlists show up on the MID and you can browse using steering controls. However, it is not possible to control/change songs from iphone screen directly
  5. If you are ok to jailbreak your iPhone & install a tweak from Cydia, you can play from iPhone screesn also. BTW, how did u update to 6.0?
  6. Linear

Linear Amatore

+1. I would also like to know this.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

8. Hi Teky,
    Do you still have the adaptor? I left mine inside the glove box when giving the car to replace the cooling coil. Seems the complete dashboard has to be removed for replacing the cooling coil but nobody has seen that white adaptor :( Don't know how!! You are ok to sell it? Do let me know your thoughts.

- - - Merged Post - - -

First of all - Sorry, I was out of action for some time... Just catching up with the old message

Install the package "NoAccSplash" from BigBoss (Tweaks) repository. Basically, it disables that "Accessory Connected" splashscreen as the name suggests. So we can get 'access' to the iPod controls... Pretty ingenious. I didnt know its purpose when I installed it :eek:

On a side note, "Tweaks" in Cydia is one set of packages worth watching... Hope this addresses your requirement.
  9. I have connected my ipod to the USB port directly and it worked like just another USB Thumb Drive. Steering controls, MID navigation to the folders, albums, artists etc also worked fine. Even the playlists in the ipod that were created using the itunes also played well. SO do we really need an adaptor or is it my car's BnM s/w is latest ???
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Mine is Gen 1 B&M upgraded to version 5.6 and works exactly the same way Srida has described, without an adapter. I believe version 5.5 and above do not need the adapter.