1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue Linea & Me.....

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arunprasad, Jan 2, 2013.

1. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Update on 1 month ownership:

I have now completed 1998 kms and the experience so far has been simply superb. Average mileage in city conditions with 70% AC - 16.5 kmpl.

My experience varies with some others in this forum on the following:

1. Driving position: It hardly took few tries to get to a comfortable position. Never changed it till now.
    2. Long travel Clutch: While I drove back to home after delivery, it stopped twice due to my clutch operation. That's it - after that it was comfortable.
    3. Driver seat arm rest: I use it comfortably; just lowered down to the full (little bit slanting downwards) as suggested in this forum.

EXPERIENCING what I read so far: (sorry, it will be a repeat of what you have heard hundreds of times)

Stunning looks, owners' pride - of course, no need to mention. Many were looking at wheel logo and grill to see what car is this?
    Steering - it's a child's play. You never feel like driving such a huge car. Simply superb. I experienced the meaning of well weighted steering.
    Ride quality - excellent, love it - my friends too.
    Features - plenty and useful - Auto AC, Blue n Me, Steering mounted controls etc.
    MJD - Makes you to drive more. Cross 2000RPM - it is really a jet. For the first time, I saw vehicles quickly disappearing as dots on my rear view - I have not crossed 120 so far. Chennai trip is awaiting in 2 weeks. Gear is little wobbly, especially when you hurriedly switch to 5th from 4th; could have been better.

Niggles:
    Rattling sound - found to be loose link rods, rectified by service centre
    Rubber beading on top peeled off a little
    HU of music system coming out loosely some times - temporarily pushing in then and there - has to check in first service
    Wiper noise - sudden mild shower day before yesterday made me use my wipers. Making nasty noise, i think the small blade makes that noise.

Bought Jopusa duster (a must for everyone), Formula 1 glass cleaner and Armorall wheel cleaner. Worthwhile products, my glass and wheels looks shining now.

I am not 100% sure about this; I feel the accelerator becomes little hard and vibrating while I touch 100 km speed.

I did couple of small trips around Hyderabad. Went to Ananthagiri Hills, around 70 kms from Hyderabad (this is the longest trip so far on Linea). Few pics for your eyes.

LR_D7K6038.jpg LR_D7K6052.jpg LR_D7K6087.jpg LR_D7K6042.jpg
    6 people like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to read about your 1 month experience with your beauty. Nicely written.

On a highway drive, when the turbo spools in at high speeds; I too notice slight change in accelerator pedal. Not exactly vibration or getting hard, but I can feel the difference through accelerator pedal that turbo is kicking in. Not sure whether you were referring to the same? Do observe whether this 'vibration' occurs when turbo gets activated.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nice photos & write up.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Congratulations!!! OB looks cool and nicely matches with the beige interior.
    I got BNW linea last week. Can you please explain what Paint sealant is about? How long this will keep the car good / On what frequency we should do this?
    Is Anti corrosion treatment is for under chasis or normal body coat?
    Is Paint sealant is an extra transparent sheet or just a polish?

- - - Merged Post - - -

I second you! Its really powerful..
    And Can you please post the pics of the above mentioned products and mention its price?
  5. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Some change I could feel. It is not as normal. Yes I think it is occuring when I touch 2000 rpm on 5th gear at around the speed of 100km.

- - - Merged Post - - -

This link should provide you with details:
    3M India: Cars less than 6 months old

Paint sealant comes with a warranty of 6 months. Anti corrosion treatment is under body treatment.

I bought it online from Snapdeal.com: Car Care - Buy Car Wash Shampoos, Cleaning Kits, Glass Cleaner, Wax Polish
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Awesome photos and excellent review..Oceanic Blue on Linea Looks Apart n Fantastic..
    1 person likes this.
  7. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Accident - 3 months completed

My Linea has completed 6000+ KMs and 3 months.

On 2nd April morning, in my 6 years of driving experience in HYD, for the first time met with an accident. A Nissan Sunny hit my car on the front right side - right fender dented, bumper broken, right fog lamp broken and AC pipe damaged, have to wait and see if there are any other unknown damages. All the passengers, me and others in Sunny are safe. I was able to drive my car without any issues; but Sunny, I believe, required some assistance.

I felt my Linea saved me as I was hit on the right front (close to drivers' position) - I manuovered quickly but could not able to avoid collision - if not for FIAT's build and safety features I could have had a bad day.

Now comes the best part - I went to Concorde without realizing that the TATA/FIAT agreement has come to an end by 31st March. I was guided to Tejaswi, Hi-Tech city.

Since, the FIAT exclusive Tejaswi Service centre (Jubilee Hills) is not operational till 7th April, Hi-Tech city service centre cannot place orders for spares (strict order from FIAT not to place spares from TATA service contract!!) until 7th and also cannot submit Insurance claim. It means one has to wait till the FIAT exclusive service centre to be fully functional to do any repairs; general service can be managed through Tejaswi TATA service centre.

Luckily the Bodyshop Manager Mr. Uday was helpful - he quickly made enquiries on spares availability. Since the spares are available, I was given an option - repair and pay cash, claim insurance separately; if not should wait until after 7th April. Insurance claims will be submitted through FIAT exclusive Tejaswi service after 7th April as Tejaswi (TATA) cannot submit claim forms.

Now my Linea, just after completing 3 months, in the workshop. Hoping to get it back on 5th.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey arun,
    Thank god it was not major and all are safe.
    Hope to see your pride back soon...
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arun, sorry for the unfortunate experience! It pains to see our beloved rides hurt. Hope your beauty is back to glory soon.

Btw, 6000kms in 3 months! Way to go :up
    1 person likes this.
  10. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry guys it has been very long since I made it to the forum.

I got my Car back on 6th April; that was really quick - best part they got my insurance approved and I paid only net after Insurance claims.

Painting work is fine but has 2 little patches.

I have some alignment issues even after correction; i have to re-do alignment after wheel balance this week - will update on that during the weekend.

For now it is good with my Linea.

Thanks Ganges, my Linea roaring again.

Hi Punto_emotion - yes beauty is back on the roads and roaring.