1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Re: Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in T Jet !!!! Whooop dee do

hay guys please tell me that can i use the eco drive??im having 1.3 MJD? :anyone
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai

hay riddler, can u tell me, dat can i use ecodrive in my -LINEA- 1.3 MJD?? i download ecoDrive bt their is no option for diesel in 1.3MJD. the only optn is 1.6;which will give me wrong figures. can u suggest me what should i do?...i was checkin out EcoDrive's other optns & i noticed dat in Punto their is 1.3MJD option available so if i register my car as Punto 1.3MJD instead of Linea(as their is no suitable category for indian diesel veriant) will it work properly?
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Did anyone notice that some of the posts from a few threads got deleted!!! :sad1
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Ya. Mine got deleted too. I guess image recovery error or something experienced by server.

Tron you can select 1.6 and still use eco drive.

I have achieved eco drive index of 75. Set me a target of 85 for next week. Hope!!!
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

yes, my post on this topic is also missing ! :(

btw i was wanting to open up the topic of ecoDrive not working in GP while the configurations of indian GP is perfectly available in the ecoDrive software. I checked it for MJD only though.
    what is Punto missing from this perspective for ecoDrive not working !
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

The most important post (for me) got deleted.

It came from Vijay Khalsa. A MASTERSTROKE. I was getting hassled to solve issue of installation of EcoDrive on my PC. I had tried everything since last 2 Sundays, spent 20-25 hours, all in vain. PC used to reboot everytime I try to install EcoDrive. I was contemplating to re-install Windows XP which means a huge workload of reinstalling 100's of softwares, app's, drivers, codecs, video/ audio converters etc etc. Then came this masterstroke from Vijay. He asked me if I've Folder Lock app installed on my PC. I instantly knew that this was the solution. Uninstalled the Folder Lock & BINGO EcoDrive got installed last night itself. Prepared the USB stick & immediately installed in my Linea also & had a 1 km round to just check it. EcoIndex is 76 :mrgreen:

Thanks a ton, Vijay. You saved me from a huge task.

More data I've collated today but on another USB stick. I was thinking that each USB stick (where we want to store data) needs to be prepared with EcoDrive software. So prepared 2 more other sticks which I use to listen to songs. Inserting it again installs the update. I guess once we install the EcoDrive in car, any blank or filled USB stick (without EcoDrive) can collect the data. I've to check this tomorrow.

Whats the "Software update available" box in 2nd pic below? I clicked it. It asked about USB stick. I never proceeded further. Mushkil se EcoDrive chalu hua hai. Don't want to take any chance :mrgreen:

[attachment=1:t7g8bhjh]Eco-1.JPG[/attachment:t7g8bhjh]
    [attachment=0:t7g8bhjh]Eco-2.JPG[/attachment:t7g8bhjh]

Eco-1.JPG

Eco-2.JPG
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

^^Dont even, I did the same and then every time i started the car with usb plugged in it said update competed, remove the usb and when i reinserted to play music, same thing happen again ... grrr, deleted iFiat folder

And not to say but that "Software Update available" was still there on Ecodrive desktop software even after going through it many times.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Amit, forget about this update. This update will be rejected by B&M as it is for 1.4 77bhp. La Lina will complete the update every time you insert the USB and give error 20 next time. Just delete the install.inf file from the eco drive folder. That way no update will run. It looks like a bug to me.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai

hay paddleshifter wat should i do to use ecodrive in my linea 1.3MJD as their is no such engine optn available ??? :sad1 :?:
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Tron. I own a Punto so I don't know how to use Ecodrive. I even upgraded my Blue&Me to v5.5.1.3 to see if Ecodrive works. I would love to use it and post how to use it.

Linea T-JET, Linea 1.4 owners have been using it (them lucky guys). :)
    I suggest that you wait. TFI member Vijay Khasa is a genius and I am sure he will come up with something (hopefully). He also owns a Linea 1.3MJD.

No point selecting 1.6MJD for 1.3MJD Linea. Technically, you should be able to get fairly accurate figures with Punto 1.3MJD 90Hp profile but why take chances?