1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Re: Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in T Jet !!!! Whooop dee do

Guess, Nobody.

Because we are not getting thru the second step. Update completed step is not unfinished in indian GP. ALL the IT guys on this forum, put your heads together and make it work on our GPs too.
  2. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai

Just got ecodrive installed on my laptop.

Machine Configuration
    OS - Windows 7
    Antivirus - McAfee

Vechicle Linea T-Jet

The ecodrive application did a preinstall of Adobe AIR.
  3. shree

shree

Bangalore

ecodrive seems to be layman's ECU scanner. Huge information on trip detail is available in ecodrive database. If anybody wants to do detailed analysis of the trip data you have wealth of information available. You can load the data into excel spreadsheet and do your own analysis.
    For example you can check duration for which you were idling during the journey and how much fuel was consumed (I am not sure how to interpret this data, may need a bit of research) during idling.

Database is in SQL format and you can find it in below path in windows7 (path would be similar in xp)
    C: -> Users -> <username> -> AppData -> Roaming -> com.fiat... -> LocalStore -> ecoDriveJourney

To view this you can download SQL database viewer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

I have attached couple of screen shots on the data available in the database. I guess file which is written by car into USB stick has much more information (and in detail) but we can’t read it since it is in binary.

gear.jpg
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Shree: Good share, will look into this today, mean while can you check if the db stores the system config values also like miles, km, gallons, liters etc. If so we can hack it to get other data into km and ltrs instead of current miles and gallons.
  5. shree

shree

Bangalore

yes. you can do that. You need to edit the file ifiat.db in the same directory. You need to change the area from great Britain to turkey (rest of things will be taken care automatically). I did that successfully.

Even you can change the fuel price in database and ecodrive will calculate the money spent correctly. Obviously in ecodrive software it will show unit as TL instead of Rs.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Shree thanks for this excellent tip. Can you tell how to change the fuel/distance parameters? I opened the ifiatref.db file but couldn't figure out how to change values. Thanks in advance.
  7. shree

shree

Bangalore

Select "Settings" in ifiat.db. Change the value of "market" to "TR".

Steps:
    1. Double click on value of "market".
    2. Modify value in popup window.
    3. Press "Apply changes" button.
    4. File -> Save Database

Nothing else needs to be changed.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Thanks shree. Next thing to figure out is how to change currency.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I've got latest Blue & Me version 5.5 installed in my Linea. However, B&M is not required to be installed on PC.

On the other hand, I uninstalled my old EcoDrive from PC thinking its conflicting with new version. I should have checked to see for an option from the old EcoDrive to update directly.

I think its something to do with Adobe. I've several Adobe applications installed. I think I need to uninstall it & do a fresh installation of Adobe Air. Only issue is I've lost the source file/ installation file of Adobe Photo shop & might not be able to install it again.

PS: Where are the techies to solve this? ::T I thought the forum is full of techies.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, shree. My son helped me to change the country from UK to TR and miles to km. Here is latest trip data. Two more days to go for full feedback.
    [attachment=0:80vb1g81]ecodriveTR.jpg[/attachment:80vb1g81]

ecodriveTR.jpg