1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in T Jet !!!! Whooop dee do

I chose UK and ecoDrive works fine in my Linea 1.4 FIRE. It shows only miles and mpg.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Even I selected UK and 1.4 77Bhp, have to still generate the recent reports.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Country selection is only to calculate fuel cost.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ya, based on the requirement to run the engine for few seconds to get Ecodrive installed and configured, i think it takes account of kind of engine directly from the system instead of software. And as Vijay said, it might be using country for calculating fuel cost.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Viny, i did not understand what you said clearly. Are you saying that we need to have the prepped up USB in the B&M slot and have the engine running for sometime for ecodrive to get configured? Having it in MAR position alone is not sufficient?
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Narayan, Once you have prepared the USB using Ecodrive software, then you plug it into the B&M usb port and turn the key to MAR, it now instalsl the software. But then next step is to remove the USB and restart the engine and leave it idle for 30secs of so, once done you will see "Ecodrive On" in the MID. Stop the engine and now plug back your USB and you are ready to use the Ecodrive functionality.
  7. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Thanks for the explanation @Viny.

Just so I understand, im just listing the instructions as steps (Pls bear with me for a couple of more questions)

1. Prepare USB drive using ecodrive s/w in your computer (I hope this should be formatted in FAT 32 format. Pls confirm)
    2. Plug the prepared USB drive into the B&M slot - Key position will be in off position for this step
    3. Turn the ignition key to MAR - what messages would MID display when this is done to indicate successful installation?
    4. Remove USB - when the key is in MAR position
    5. Switch off engine. (should step 4 & 5 be swapped?)
    6. start Engine and Idle for 30 secs or may be time for a minute - until the "ecoDrive on" msg appears in MID
    7. Stop the Engine
    8. Plug back the USB (Im assuming that this should be the same prepared USB drive that was used to install "ecoDrive". Pls confirm)
    9. Start the Engine with the USB on for collecting data.

After say suppose the trip is done, we just plug it back in the PC and the ecoDrive s/w automatically generates all the reports right?
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

I followed the following steps for installing ecoDrive in my Linea:

1. Plug the USB stick in the Blue&Me USB port.
    2. Insert the key and turn it to MAR position.
    3. I saw the display: Update started/complete
    4. I heard the Blue&Me female voice announce 'Update complete. Remove the device'
    5. I checked the Blue&Me menu>ecoDrive>Switch On
    6. I turned the key to stop position, removed it and the USB device.
    7. When I took my Linea out later, I repeated the steps 1 and 2, started the engine and completed the trip
    8. After parking my Linea in the garage, I removed the USB stick, inserted it in my laptop and opened the ecoDrive folder of the USB stick
    9. In my laptop, I opened my ecoDrive profile and double clicked it to generate the first report.
    10. In FAQ, it is clarified that our car computer has capacity to store the data generated up to 8 hours of journey. So, it is not necessary to plug in the USB stick always. It can be done later also provided only one driver drives the car. In case of multiple drivers, each driver should have his/her own USB stick to store the individual data.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

You do not need need a new flash drive/USB drive. Use your normal pen drive you use for your music collection. Country specific info is for fuel costs and for building up ecoville values in carbon savings. All of us eco:Drive users are incidentally contributing to UK carbon saving figures as of now :uh .

Once the data files are copied into the pen drive, if the blue&me system is compatible, it installs eco drive as a module and monitors ECU data. This data is same as being sent to MID so if you have been having good IC/ACa/ACb figures, chances are you will have a high eco:Drive index number. More the data to analyse, better the results. Higher the index number (mine is 74 as of now) better your contribution to a green earth. A good tool IMHO that MUST be used by pedal to metal types :mrgreen:
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

I hope this helps
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014