1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Re: Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in T Jet !!!! Whooop dee do

I have BnM 5.4 on my Punto and when I put the USB in the car, it says updating and then says USB error 10.
    r some google, this seems to be a problem with EcoDrive as its not compatible with 5.4 yet. Any thoughts
    on this guys? In the EcoDrive on PC, I selected country as UK and car as MJD 1.3 76 bhp.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

@neonwheels Eco drive doesn't work in Indian Grande Punto only in Linea
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Quite possibly McAfee is the culprit. In the control center of McAfee there is a protection enabled button IIRC. Turn that off and see. If all fails, how about trying in safe mode. Obviously there is some conflict and safe mode seems to be the only remaining option.
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

@Riddler / @Kaps - Based on your Reports , can you just verify if the MID Figures for Average Fuel Consumption and the Fuel Consumption figure shown on the EcoDrive Report match !

I have prepared the USB Drive and will test from today evening onwards ..
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune

Dont tell me it does not work with indian Punto. Why on earth it does not when the BnM unit seems to be same for Punto n Linea :hit
  6. karthik_rao

karthik_rao

Mumbai

The EcoDrive advise that you get will be most accurate when you choose the correct engine. I dont think the country matters, unless there is a specific variant of an engine in a particular country (e.g. no VGT on the 1.3 MJD). I downloaded the latest beta of ecoDrive, and I tried all the options. Linea is now supported, but not all the Engines. The Petrol is usually a 77 HP, and the Diesel is a 1.6 MJD. I could not find my 1.3 MJD.
  7. riddler339

riddler339

Bangalore

Yes its pretty much accurate. I went for a 370 + km drive recently 20 KM of which took me close to 90 min to navigate due to B2B traffic and got a average of 16.1 KM/L. After that did 30+ km again in city traffic but not as bad and average came about to around 15.2 KM/l. I think its pretty accurate infact i feel with the correct engine as Tjet it would give me better figures. Today i checked my in city mileage i was averaging 13.8 (no AC and i drive with a very light foot). The software let me know that i was accelerating too much in 2nd and 5th gear. I agree with this for the fifth gear and since i had a esteem earlier i still have the tendency to accelerate more than required in TJET. It wasnt too high for the 2nd so i ignored it.My deceleration was the worst i third again i agree with this. i am still implementing the feedback. as you can see i am 3 points higher than i started on the 26th dec so it is working. After all this i am no expert so pls take this with a pinch of salt and its my own informed view.

PS- just crossed 1000 Km's so 13.8 is already more than i asked for. :)

Ecodrive2.JPG
  8. shree

shree

Bangalore

riddler,

In my eco drive software unit shown is miles. Do you know how to change the preference to km. I could not find any option.

I am also getting similar figures as you from ecodrive. ecoindex average is 76 and mileage of 13.5km/ltr (100km of highway and 100km of city driving). Advice is to too fast acceleration in 5th gear. I have set goal for next weeks to reach ecoindex to 85. Till now I have covered around 600km.
  9. riddler339

riddler339

Bangalore

I think the country you choose makes the difference. I chose turkey as i know Tjet has a Turkish made engine so i thought would be most similar in terms of harware.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

For country selection, does it make sense to select the country where Fiat sells the same B&Me kits that are sold in India?
    Also, what could be the reason for ecoDrive not working in Punto where as working in Linea?
    Is there a different B&M kit in Linea vs the Punto?