1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in T Jet !!!! Whooop dee doo

I'm getting the same error. Did you try formatting the drive before preparing it for Eco Drive, I had same problems whilst updating blue and me.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in T Jet !!!! Whooop dee do

Kapil,

What are the steps you followed for installing Eco:Drive on - 1) PC & 2) on USB stick

I tried yday night from the site http://www.fiat.co.uk/ecodrive/

1st I tried to directly install it. It installs Adobe AIR first & then ecoDrive. While installing, it reboots my system without installing it. I tried several times with the same result. Then I uninstalled the earlier EcoDrive installed on my PC last year & tried to install the new version. Again the same result. Then I tried to download the file first. The file name is ecodrive.air (installer package). Tried to install it but the same result. Now I neither have old EcoDirve nor the new one :cry:
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

For me it did not work the first time.. it just installed air..
    i tried the download again next time and it worked..
    i have the usb ready.. need to put it in the car.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Amit I think Adobe Air has to be installed for eco drive to work. The file size is about 30.6mb. I don't know what all Adobe products you have got installed on your PC. Try the adobe clean too from here http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html (Adobe Air is a part of Adobe CS) and let it do the cleaning if there are any remianing traces.

In my case, the network connection failed twice. I had Adobe Air already installed yet it went about downloading the installer. It did not ask for a reboot. Installation was without any hitch.

Just opened the installer log and found these two useful links: try these
    http://get.adobe.com/air/
    and
    http://content.fiatecodrive.com/EcoDriv ... oDrive.air

After installing adobe AIR, run the ecodrive.air and use adobe air to open it. This should solve the issue.
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

So GP BnM is different from one in linea......

... Guys Fiat has discriminated between.....linea and punto BnM.....SAD :sad1
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Ecodrive not working in Punto :sadblue

Ecodrive isn't working in my Punto as well. I think it only works with Linea as far as Indian Fiats are concerned.
    I even upgraded the Blue&Me to ver 5.5 but Eco drive isn't working.
    BTW, my ODO started blinking after 5.5 update for some 5-10 minutes.
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai

I did install Adobe Air. I even installed it separately from Adobe site. I think my Licensed Mcafee Antivirus Plus is not allowing it to install. On Adob Air site its mentioned "You may have to disable your antivirus program to install this app" The bugger licensed Mcafee does not even have a disable or exit option to temporarily disable it. I'm now to find a way to disable it temporarily.

But what are the steps? You've to install it on PC & then prepare a USB stick with it?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

@Vahanpujari
    Mcafee can be disabled here are the steps
    1. Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter
    2. Click Real Time Scanning (top)
    3. Click Real Time Scanning Settings (right)
    4. You can disable Antivirus there and tell it for how long
    :eek:fftopic Mcafee have really degraded from past 4-5 years.
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai

Nothing works. I spent most of the Sunday on this troubleshooting. In the process, I've also uninstalled Mcafee & then tried to install EcoDrive. Before that I even stopped all Mcafee services thro' services.msc & msconfig options. However, in the final stages of installation of EcoDrive, suddenly the installation stops & the Windows Blue background full with some text flashes for a second & the PC reboots. Once it reboots, it gives message that "The system has recovered from a serious error" ::OO

I've lost the old version of EcoDrive which I installed last year on my PC too. Nothing to lose as it did not have an option of Linea but I guess I could have updated the software from there itself, if there is an option.

Seems some software or hardware conflict with EcoDrive on my PC. Sad.