1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure about the value of ecodrive, more so when I cannot choose the correct specs. I have ecodrive configured as Linea Petrol 77 HP. I am working out of a client location in the heart of the city (Wind Tunnel Road - B'lore folks will know) for the past 7 weeks, so decided to do an experiment. Here is the outcome:

1st Tankful - T-Jet driven like it should be. Hit 3000 rpm at least on each gear.
    Milage - 12.3 kmpl. Ecodrive score 71.
    2nd Tankful - Sedate driving, with minimal gear changes. Never exceeded 80 kmph. Majority driven in 3rd and 4th gears.
    Milage - 15.6 kmpl. Ecodrive score 59 :confused

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Surprising!

However, I believe ecoDrive gives daily ecoIndex (on daily basis). Are you sure 71 & 59 ecoDrive score were not daily?

You can even get ecoDrive score for each individual journey. For that you'll have to go to ecoDrive system folder, locate the file ecodrivejourneydata.dbs, convert/export it to .xls Excel file and you are ready with all the data !! :)
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nope. The ecodrive score is tankful to tankful. Even I am very surprised.

Ecodrive.jpg

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Rajan,

Are those 1st Tankful & 2nd Tankful words and boxes drawn by you or ecoDrive app itself displays that way? Because the ecoDrive app that is loaded on my PC does not display it.

Just check this. Take cursor over those Blue bold dots/ circles which are denoting daily eco:Index. Take the cursor over the last one on the right most side. Does it show 59? In my system, that score (i.e. the last score) is the score shown on the header (Top left) - which in your pic shows 59.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I drew those boxes for indication. The first tankful was on 27th November. The second tankful was on 12th December. That lasted till 31st December. I had taken some time off, so it lasted more number of days.

What is surprising is, in the first tankful, the ecoindex hovered around the 71 mark. In the second tankful, it was always below 60, with an occasional touch to 65 on one day. I would not have been very surprised if the milage was better, but the last journey was 59. I am intrigued, only because the second tankful gave me better milage, and the ecoindex was low through out that period.

All other factors - route driven, time of driving, fuel station used are the same.

Rajan
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    ^^
    So then what the ecoDrive app shows is daily eco:Index score as per those Blue dots/ circles.

In the 2nd tankful, was there frequent gear shifts or frequent acceleration/decceleration for it negatively impacts eco:Index? But then if it was so, your FE should logically have been lesser which it is not.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As a matter of fact, it was all sedate driving in the second tankful. Minimal gear changes, no stop-go-stop style of driving and no hard revving. I was expecting to see an eco:Index of 78-80 and was really stupefied to see the graph :D

Rajan
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    ^^
    Try that excel (ecodrivejourneydata). You'll find many interesting things there :)
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I haven't been a regular user of EcoDrive. Used for for a few months after we got the Jet delivered and then in September-October 2012. Today, I updated the app to v1.0.2, and collected the data for the past three days. Logged in via my dad's account which was created earlier. Here's what EcoDrive says:

B&M ED.jpg

It includes a trip to Mussoorie on 10th January. 75 is a pretty decent score.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Need some help with Eco Drive. I have a Linea 1.3MJD. Installed eco drive on the PC with Punto 1.3 MJD 90BHP option. Took the USB to the car and after starting the engine, it says 'Update Started' and 'Update Complete'. All fine till this I guess.

Now, the car asks me to remove the USB. If I remove the USD and drive, after switching on every time, the MID displays 'Eco Drive On' occasionally. What I am not clear is how to take the driving data back to computer. Any time I re-insert the USB, it again starts the Update procedure ('Update Started/Update Complete'). But if I take the USB stick back to the PC, the Eco Drive window always says 'Eco: Drive not installed'.

Also, if I drive the car with USB stick plugged in, the display stay on always with 'Update Complete'. I am not able to access any other menu options (such as trip meter).

Can someone comment what I am missing here? Apologies if these issues are already answered somewhere in the thread and I missed it:confused:

By the way I use Windows Vista.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013