1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I asked the VP, Ravi Bhatia the same question at the January launch event - When is FIAT going to launch EcoDrive in India?

He said they might have to make some "hardware changes" etc and that can raise costs! :rolleyes::confused:

The hardware is already there ( Blue n Me hardware) . All that needs to be done is to make an India specific EcoDrive app with India specific Linea/Punto engine choices and data. So i have no idea which hardware Mr. Ravi Bhatia was talking about.

God knows what these FIAT boffins think.

Cheers.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    India is a niche market for FIAT right now & I suppose they don't want to waste money on us. This software change should be very easy to do & shouldn't cost a bomb, provided its done right here in India & not in Europe.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well i have installed it myself long long long back. the problem is on PC software there is no option of 1.3 MJD linea. all it has is 6 speed 105BHP. So my question- how to interpret :)
  4. Seems I missed something in re-reading all 26 pages. This is specifically for the T-Jet owners using eco-drive!
    What engine do you select? I mean, the only option I get in petrol versions is 1.4 77HP!!!
    I mean... is this effective, or choosing Punto MultiAir 1.4 105HP might be a better alternate.. or some other that you recommend???

---------- Post added June 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was June 15, 2012 at 03:03 PM ----------

Recorded my first Eco:Drive and got a score of 70 on ecoIndex.. however...
    Came across another hitches: mainly concerned with the GUI customization.
    If anyone has been able to get over them - I seek your guidance:
    1. the average fuel consumption is shown in ltr/100kms.. while there is no problem doing the maths, but is there any option that the default display is kms / ltr??
    2. read elsewhere in the thread that you might need to change your country for that. now the configuration file modification might be possible in windows, but using it on a mac is a completely different story. This modification is being seeked as having logged in some trip data onto this profile, i do not intend to create a new profile and loose all the data recorded so far.
    3. What is the interpretation of Total cost 1.3TL??
  5. Rams

Rams

Navi mumbai
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My T-Jet was delivered last Monday. Could not find time till today to explore the car. Donno if many others are doing it wrong or I got just plain lucky. Here is what I did:

1. Chose "Fill in the search filters in assisted mode"
    2. Once I provided necessary details, a zip file was downloaded. As instructed, I copied the necessary files to a pen drive and plugged it into the car
    3. Once I turned the key to MAR, install started and completed successfully
    4. Back to the laptop, I uploaded the identified file
    5. I was prompted to install Blue&Me 5.5 and 5.6. Did both in that order
    6. Then downloaded and installed eco: Drive

The whole process went smoothly. No second attempts, no dreaded error 10. Connected my 5th gen iPod Nano and it played fine. No adapter needed. Just got back from a small drive after installing eco: Drive. Scored 73 ::D. The software claims I got a milage of ~ 12 KMPL. I think that is really good for a car that has just run only 300 kms.

EcoDrive Trip1.jpg

Cheers,
    Rajan
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    There is a icon appearing in EcoDrive Application (which is now online app) saying Software update available.

Has anyone updated ecoDrive recently?

I'm finding difficulty in uploading my journey details from USB to PC. All journey details after 27th Oct'12 are not getting updated.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Upload issue sorted out. I deleted and reinstated system folder with old data archived earlier and then updated subsequent journey (also saved earlier).

Has anyone updated ecoDrive (in car) recently? Once you click the update button, it asks for USB and then prepares a USB to install ecoDrive update in car.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Any method to bypass the online account creation?
    My Destop app recently got updated and now stuck at creating an online account page.
    I am not intrested in creating online account.

@Vahan: Which all folders did you backedup for keeping the data safe?
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Viny,

My Desktop app also got updated and it's mandatorily online now, it seems. Avoid online if possible (but don't know how). Problem is online update (everytime you insert USB in your PC with your car journey data) is quite slow and sometimes give online error.

Regarding back up, following is the process I do everytime:

• I create a separate back up folder every time I update so that I can fall back on any backup if something goes wrong in data updation.
    • Before inserting USB in PC, I copy the ecoDrive system folder (C:/ users/<user name>/ App data/ Roaming/ com.fiat.convergence.xxxxx) in my back up folder. This system folder path is for Windows 7 and is approximate.
    • Then I insert USB in PC & copy the entire iFiat folder from USB to my back up folder. This folder contains data for each journey as recorded in USB from car.
    • Only after copying above 2 folders, I start the data upload from USB to ecoDrive app on PC.

PS: If you find a way around to circumvent online upload, please share :)
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks VahanPujari, Will checkout if we can bypass it. Though it doesnt look possible if the data is not stored locally.
    Also i wonder does the updated ecodrive captures any additional data that FIAT is interested in, there by making it mandatory to go online

....TROJAN .....:cool:???::shocked