1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well guys here is the answer given by peter(Drifter) that although punto/linea have same B&M box & blah..blah..still both cars are designed by different teams. Ecodrive which is working in european puntos are very much different than our indian one. Where as linea is selling in same models many of these countries.
    Even i believe that all power to weight ratio & other sensors are also making difference in it. So punto owners thats a bad call!:(
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Need Help !!

I got a new macbook. Downloaded the mac version from FIAT website --> created a fresh usb and installed on mac and car. Everything going fine.

Just 1 issue - Everytime i start my car with USB inserted, i get the voice message - " Updating ....Update Completed" .This takes just 1 second. But , i did not have this trouble with the previous usb.

What am i doing wrong here?
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Delete the installation files from the USB, or else she'll be saying the number of times your switch the car on.
    Regards,
    Jishnu
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Oh ok... Thanks a lot jishnu.. Will check

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ecoDrive software is updated. Tried to open it today on PC. The update message flashed.

Fiat seems to have changed ecoDrive functioning. In the new version, your vehicle journey is stored online so you can access from any PC from anywhere. I've not got into how this can be done. Following is the pic after the update was over.

1 issue though. I've lots of journeys on USB to be updated in my PC. After software update, the jouney details from USB is not being updated successfully. It stops in between after completion of 10% to 17%

ecoDrive-update-online data.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  6. GP & Ecodrive

Does the new version work with GP?

:anyone
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    rs3sekar even I also have the same question. Does anyone used it in GP?
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    After installing new version, I had a harrowing time to updated ecoDrive files from USB to PC application. Finally, after lots of trials, it got completed. There are 2 visible differentiations:

1. ecoDrive on PC now does not run without Internet connection i.e. PC has to be connected to the Internet. I think its due to online data & their claim that we can access our ecoDrive account from any of the PC anywhere. I do not know how to do it though.
    2. Earlier, when you update ecoDrive journey files from USB to PC application, all such files used to go away from USB & the data folder used to get clear except 1 file. Now, these journey data files (each individual journey) are still there on USB pen drive even after all these files got updated on my PC application !
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    The biggest drawback of this updated ecoDrive application is that it takes now ages to import USB data files into ecoDrive application on your PC. Seems this is because the journey data is now made online. But its a pain - after a no. of failed attempts & endless time, USB data file get imported.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks vahan for the updates, i am not gonna update ecodrive for now :)
    Awaiting Blue and Me 7 :)