1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blue and Me Ecodrive Working in Linea !!!! Whooop dee doo

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by riddler339, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

My average is between 73 to 76. As Amit said I am also not seeing the Ecoindex every week as earlier.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

My maximum EcoIndex scored was 75. I am scoring around 70+ in city and even less on highways. My target of 80 still remains mirage!
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i hate this eco drive thing.

only because it doesnt work in my p90hp.:p
  4. how is it that ecodrive works with linea 90ps(vgt)
    but not with punto 90ps(vgt)
    both have the same electricals...
    i am surprised....
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

It could be because both transmission systems have different ratios due to weight variation.
  6. but then ecodrive will be based on the various sensors and not the gearbox i guess.
    or is it that the gearbox has something to do with the ecodrive software??
    as far as i know all the electricals in both the cars are same. so there should not be an issue with that working.
    or it should be like the aftermarket usb cable not working for the emotion variant
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

I found that ecoIndex comes even lower in highway drive. May be a very sedate highway drivebrings a higher ecoIndex. When I drove to Surat I got 69 both times - to & fro
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

There are two basic fundamentals to eco drive calculations: gear shift and braking. If you rev hard and shift gears at in-appropriate ratio, eco index takes a dip. There is a gear shift tutorial in eco drive that advises correct rpm for gear shift. Hard acceleration and hard braking also work towards increasing co2 emissions so those too are taken into account. If you open eco database in sql lite, you will find the gear ratios for type of vehicle. The system only calculates CO2 emissions based on your driving style and in the bargain shows you fuel savings as well.
  9. oh ok. now i understnad..
    so the gearbox needs to be changed for the eco drive to work on the puntos??
    but then if we select anothe option like punto turkey even then it must work.
    or i think fiat is sccared to launch such a thing due to the traffic conditions here
    thanks kaps.
    linea guys i envy you
  10. All,

I also installed Ecodrive in my linea tjet+...it got installed in few seconds automatically. I am getting index of 72.
    It is suggesting me to accelerate smoothly which I cannot as its a fighter jet not a car, lol
    I am trying to adjust to the suggestion and would post the result later..