1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLR-Ganapatipule-Ratnagiri-BLR - Oct 23-26 - Trip Plan

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by whitepunto76, Oct 12, 2015.

1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am planning for Ganapatipule and Ratnagiri trip on Oct 23 from Bangalore.
    Please provide few details on road conditions.

Oct 22 - BLR to Belgaum Drive - Night Halt at Adarsha Palace
    Oct 23 - Belgaum to Ganapatipule - Night Halt at Landmark/Nakshatra
    Oct 24 - Full day Sight Seeing. As per hotel they are charging 2500 for 8hrs
    Oct 25 - Personal Day for sight seeing and depart to Belgaum. Night halt at Sanman
    Oct 26 - Belgaum to BLR

Please advice on the road conditions from Kolhapur to Ganapatipule (and route)
    Sight seeing places for family of 3. No elders.
    Good veggie food places. Petrol pumps.
    3 yrs back Had done the BLR - Pune in 11 hrs. This time i want to halt.

Can we replan to club Mahabaleshwar & Ganapatipule together.

Please suggest
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 12, 2015 ---
    Friends,
    Please suggest as I need advice.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I have done Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai via Pune and afaik, going via Satara-Wai side is always better than to take the Pratapgarh route towards Konkan, as that is narrow and must be bad after monsoon. You have to use NH4 as the link between Konkan and Mahabaleshwar. Other members may substantiate this or advise otherwise.

Ravi_M
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    In Ganpatipule you can eat at Aditya Khanawal, It is very simple but the food is awesome.
    Also Sameer served great non-veg food if you want to try. Also there is a beach called "Aarey Waare". The drive from Ganpatipule to this beach is the best I have had. It is the same beach where the VW Polo GT advertisement was shot. This will take only 3 hours of your time but it is an out of the world experience.
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks. How is the road conditions from Kolhapur to Ganapatipule. Its very important. I have still not bought the stepney tyre.
    Running with 4 wheels. ;)

Also, for one day sight seeing what all places can be covered.

1) Ganapati temple
    2) Ganapatipule Beach
    3) Jaigad Fort
    4) Aare-Waare beach
    5) Velneshwar Temple
    6) Ratnagad fort
    7) Any boat ride or jetties in this area
    8) Any other temples/beaches at ratnagiri
    9) Any places for shopping and what are the unique items to shop at this place

Not sure if the cost 2500 makes sense. Will have to finalize.

Probably will drop Mahabaleswar for now. Like more of beaches lately.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oct 22 - BLR to Kolhapur Drive - Night Halt
    Oct 23 - Start at 6am fromKolhapur to Ganapatipule (Start again at 2 pm) - To Malvan (will reach by 6pm ) Night Halt at Malvan
    Oct 24 - Full day Sight Seeing.
    Oct 25 - Personal Day for sight seeing and depart to Kolhapur(you can visit mahalakshmi temple)
    Oct 26 - Kolhapur to BLR
    i havent explore Malvan much.But did the route of Kolhapur- Ganapathi Pule- Malvan(Devbaug)- Kolhapur in 2012.
    One thing is for sure that roads will not be in good shape and be prepared for that.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Ganges. Thanks for the details. I am planning only to Ganapatipule/Ratnagiri & surroundings. Nothing more.
    Have visited Kolhapur earlier trips. Is Malvan much better than Ratnagiri/Ganapatipule.
    I just have 3 days inbetween long day drives.

ALso, road conditions you mean the Ratnagiri-kolhapur route will be bad condition. Can anyone from nearby Kolhapur suggest please.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check Here about Malvan,its mesmerising.i didnt been to ratnagiri.Just for another 15kms ahead from malvan you will find two more places Tarkarli and Devbaug nice place to halt. i was in devbaug beach side rooms.In malvan you have lot of things to do.water sports,snorkling.it also has an Fort area.
    In devbaug, you will find water sports,dolphin point and a short trip in sea to neevthi beach,very much clean and neat.Also you can enjoy nice ghat drive from Ganapathi pule to Malvan(Mumbai-Goa Highway)
    i believe you are planning to buy a spare wheel before this trip,if puntured in the ghat roads,trust me you will find very hard to get an nearby shops.

A snap from Devbaug beach and the rooms were we stayed(purely homely service).

280120121002.jpg

Malvan.jpg
    whitepunto76 likes this.
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Finally booked.

This time clubbing Ganapatipule/Ratnagiri with Malvan. Seeing the reviews tempted to do scuba diving and snorkelling.
    Lets see how the experience will treat us. Thanks for the lead @Ganges.

Day 1 - Belgaum/Nippani halt. ( do we know any decent hotel around nippani/sankeshwar)
    Day 2 - Ganapatipule
    Day 3 - Rathnagiri sight seeing
    Day 4 - Malvan - Water sports
    Day 5 - Return to BLR

My wife/kid is not confident of water sports. So, its all me to experience for myself.
    Hope the scuba & snorkeling ner Sindhudurg fort is safe. Probably need to adjust the mouth breathing.
    But its an awesome place as per photos.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Ganges and others:

I am taking following route from Malvan to Bangalore. Please advice the road conditions or suggestions.

Malvan - Kudal - Join NH17 - Zarap - Banda - Mapusa - SH1 - Mulgao - Sanquelim - Chorla Ghat - Jambhoti - Khanapur - Alnavar - Dharwad.

My doubt is on the road condition from Khanapur to Alnavar. Or Would it be better to drive to Belgaum and there after move on NH4.

Also, while going from Kolhapur to GPule; I would like visit Marleshwar if possible. Tempted with pics.
    How is the road condition from Panhala to Marleshwar and back on NH 204. How much time should it take?

Please suggest.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @whitepunto76
    Not sure about the route from Malvan to Dharwad.I have done Malvan to Kolhapur via panhala.
    No doubt Marleshwar is awesum.Why don't you complete the marleshwar trip on Day 2. its short drive from ganapathi pule and from there on drive towards malvan.