1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blinking ODO Meter Reading

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by anand3636, Apr 19, 2012.

1. iamsameerj

As mentioned in my post yesterday, the blinking did not go away when I restarted the car on my way back to home from office. Since it was the "Current time" that was blinking, i decided to just take a chance and went into the Menu to set the current date and time and it worked :smile:!!! Probably since I had kept the car battery disconnected overnight, the system needed me to reset the date and time. Even the trip meters had automatically been reset, so probably my assumption was right. Point to note that other settings like display units etc were intact :cool:
    So probably my issue is not related to the issues reported by others in this thread...
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Good let it be the way it is, I concur it must have been because of the disconnected terminals, but Weak Batteries are also the culprit to Blinking Odo's, warnings like ABS, Airbags, EBD failure, also I have notice Oil Pressure warning when the car is stalled due to wrong gear shifting.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

On my TJet today, I noticed right around the 11734km mark, the odometer started blinking. Note-only the odometer. The clock, TripA, IC, everything else was steady. This happened for a couple of km, and around the 11736km, I reached my destination and parked the car. After that, the odometer stopped blinking. I looked up the handbook to see if there are any malfunctions indicated, but there were none. I also then checked the My Car menu and found that the Service Indicator was set to 14734 km mark. Is it the case the car simply gave a blinking warning of an intermediate nature about the pending Service, some 3000km early on ?
    Cuz thats the only correlation I found. No other message, or no car malfunction either.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Was b&m working fine when the blinking happened?

This could be a temporary error with b&m which would have gone away post stopping and starting car again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Couple of times when I faced ODO blinking issue, I follow the above practice. Turn off the car, wait for few secs and again restart and till now it has worked. Touchwood :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Couple of days back my ODO started to blink and did not stop even after stop and start, both hot and cold start. Yesterday I removed the -ve terminal and after a few minutes connected back, then it stopped. Will get a OBD scanner and check if there are any errors.
  7. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Its a service interval notification and yes it notifies 3k kms in advance, when the blinking is about to end there would be a spanner symbol displayed for 2 seconds signifying the service interval is close
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

The ODO blinking is caused by a communication error from any of the nodes in the CAN bus to the ECU. I was having this issue, right from the day I got the car. Today morning finally, I took the plunge, connected the OBDII USB adapter to the car, fired up Multiecuscan on the laptop and carried out a Proxi Alignment and the ODO blinking was gone.

1 person likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    I faced the issue yesterday. Blue n me was not working as well. The problem disappeared in restart.
    I will mention this to SA as part of 30,000 service and ask for proxy alignment. 5a6e8abu.jpg eby8ahe4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Anirudh

Anirudh Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    Guys i have the similar issue of blinking odo, but along with that i have an abs unavilabe error. The odo is stable up until the abs error after wich both the date and odo blink. I habe diconnected the battery for more than an hour. Updated the blue and me but it dosnt update goes on a loop. Guys pls help